Tuesday 14 June 2016

Review: June Tokyo Treat Box

"I told you so" comes to mind as I write this review of my 3rd Tokyo Treat box. I decided that after my 2nd box that I would take a break from them for a while as money was tight which it still is but I just couldn't resist what they were offering this month!

What is great is that they now have a new feature on they're portal which allows you to actually skip a month rather than having to cancel your subscription like I did last time although I am glad I did because now it means I get my boxes a little earlier than the expected but it still took an average of 20/25 days to come. I have actually skipped July's box so I hope I don't regret it because I wanted to get two Yume Twins Kawaii boxes in a row. 

This months theme is Bizarre Candies which made me want to order another box with the limited edition drink being Sakura Cola after everybody loving the Sakura Pepsi. I haven't really heard of the little limited edition key chain character but it is super cute!


I think I will always stay with Tokyo Treats for my box of goodies because it is so well presented, the little booklet provide has so much thought and effort put in to it compared to some of the other boxes I've seen I feel like they put the most time and effort in to it and listen to they're customers.

So here is the booklet provided ...

Items Received:
This time instead of writing in"Italic" what the products are as mentioned in the little book provided I will just give my own comments along with pictures and a rating out of 5 so here goes ...

Yaokin Big Ika (1/5 up to a 3/5)
This has to be one of the weirdest things I have ever had! As soon as you open the packet it absolutely stinks of fish and reminds me of fish food, the texture is really weird as it is super thin strips of Squid which is meant to be midly spicy but I didn't see this at all. I gave it a 1 star to start with but as I started eating more I grew to like it!

Pine's Cola Lollipop (3/5)

I love this! It was a simple cola lollipop with some sherbet powder which was simple and yummy but it reminds me of sherbet dip dabs which I used to eat all the time when I was little

Crazy Bubbly Soda Ramune Candy (5/5)
I absolutely love Ramune candy and hopefully when I go to Hyper Japan in London in a month ill actually be able try the drink. These were fun because you think they're just normal candy and then all of a sudden they start to fizz and bubble up in your mouth. I wish there was more of them in the box as I shared mine :(

Super Long HimoQ Gummy (2/5)
So I wasn't overly impressed with this candy it was cool that it was super long but I thought it was lacking in flavour which is a shame.

KitKat Otona Crush and Spread (3/5)
So this basically is meant to be an adult flavoured kit kat due to the type of dark chocolate they use and the filling within the biscuit as well. I've never had a UK dark chocolate kit kat so whether they taste different I don't know but it did taste very nice and I would eat it again.

Fujiya Chocolate Pencils (4/5)
These were super cute and super yummy. Essentially they are just chocolate wrapped to look like pencils which is a cute idea. Like American chocolate these taste different to chocolate in the UK but I loved them and the stickers they came with were a nice added extra.

Chocolate Dipped Corn (5/5)
These are amazing where can I get more? These are a corn puff snack covered in a light rich layer of chocolate they remind me of the Umaibo snack but the chocolate isn't as thick. One of my favourite snacks from the box!

Karaoke Mic Ramune (5/5)
Ahh more Ramune candy to my delight in these cute random plastic microphone. I'm not 100% sure why they put these in this but they're amazing they just melt on your tongue!

DIY Mysterious Coris Syrup (4/5)
WOW for the first time an actual DIY kit that I actually enjoyed doing OK yes it was simple and easy but it ended up actually tasting nice which is a surprise as these usually taste awful but I love grape things.

Smartphone Mochi (3/5)
I've never had Mochi before but this was yummy although my boy friend said it was meant to be softer? But I don't know as I've never has it before but there was 3 different flavoured cubes and it came in a cute smart phone packet.

Limited Edition Chocolate Umaibo (5/5)
Why did I share these? Again another corn puffed biscuit type thing covered in thick rich chocolate and tasted amazing it did remind me of something we have in the UK but I can't put my finger on what it is. I wish I didn't share these as they were yummy!

Tohato's Neko Atsume Biscuit (5/5)
Can we take take a moment to just appreciate how cute the packaging is? I loved receiving these in the June box as I have actually played the game. These are another corn puff snack that to me tasted like salted caramel? But they were amazing and didn't last 30 seconds in my home plus they were shaped like CATS!!!

Hi-Eight Chocolate (1/5)
I wasn't too fussed on these if I am honest they tasted a bit like a cheap UK smarties as the chocolate didn't taste all that good!

Sakura Cola (5/5)
Need I say anymore? This is the main item that drew me to order another box as I loved the Sakura Pepsi. It tasted essentially the same but with out the Pepsi hint. I wish I could get this in the UK.

Chimokke Mascot (5/5)
I have no clue who Chimokke is but this is just adorable, poor little guy only has one antenna and I am happy with the design I got as it is more girly and looks very cute on my car keys. 

Koikeya's Potato Tiramisu Chips (2/5)
Merr another one I wasn't all really impressed with the chips didn't really taste of cheese more like card board and then once you added the powder it didn't really make much of a different but the idea was good but the taste wasn't all that!

Here is another photo of this months box, I have to say so far this is my favourite I think as it has a variety of different candies that I wouldn't have picked up to try myself! All I would say is that most of these candies I wouldn't really call bizarre? Most of them are pretty average apart from the squid treat and tiramisu chips. 

You can read my other Tokyo Treat box reviews here for March and April :)

Thanks for reading. I purchased with my own money and I was NOT paid to review this by Tokyo Treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment