Thursday 1 March 2018

Day Trip to London

Just before Christmas me and my best friend Kirsty met up for a pre Christmas meet up and planned our day trip to London. She offered to drive which was amazing as she knew a car park in which you could park for £2 all day and then just hop on the underground station in to the centre of London.

We went on the 27th January as we both wanted to go after payday with the long drag after the December pay which made total sense so we both actually had money. We were originally just going to take our cameras to have a play with but after chatting about previous trips we decided to take a sneaky trip to Madame Tussuads as we hadn't been there since 2012 plus I could get us some cheap tickets for £24 rather than £40 which saved a lot of money.


As Kirsty was driving and we wanted to make the most of the day we set of at 06:30am for the long drive to London. We actually arrived in London at 09:30 and made our way to Baker Street so I could take a few photos being a Sherlock fan but due to the museum being open that day I couldn't get a photo of myself knocking on the door but I did still get a photo outside.




With our ticket being set for 11:15 and making good time we decided to go for a walk around Regents Park which I had never been to before, it was absolutely beautiful and full of a variety of birds and ducks even though we were screaming if they came to close haha. After messing about near the fountains with our cameras we decided to take a walk back to Madame Tussuads so we could get in line to go inside.



It was so busy for a Saturday which we didn't let ruin our day and to be honest we actually managed to get around the whole place in just over an hour because there were a few sections we weren't massively bothered about. The only section I wasn't to pleased about but I was most excited for was the Star Wars area as it was so poorly managed and people were just so rude pushing and shoving and jumping in on peoples photos and spaces.









After this we grabbed a sandwich for lunch and had a well deserved sit down before wondering down the Southbank and across to the Shrek Shop. Its a shame that Big Ben is going to be covered up for so long and she is beautiful in all her glory. We took a very long stroll around the area and by the ITV building before we realised we were walking the wrong way to the underground ... whoops. By now it had started to rain which was a shame.



Kirsty had told me about this amazing Coffee shop called The Theatre Cafe which I know a lot of people who love musicals and shows rave about so please don't hate me when I admit I wasn't all that impressed. The staff messed up our order meaning I didn't actually get a drink as it was busy I couldn't be bothered to wait, it was untidy and no clean tables along with the music that should be playing wasn't.


Don't get me wrong though the decor of the place was amazing, all the memorabilia from all the different shows was amazing and maybe if I went on another day not during the weekend then maybe I may have a different opinion of the place.


After hiding from the rain and having a well deserved sit down we took a stroll around China Town but I didn't take any photos as at this point it was still raining. We then ventured to a few shops and of course the Disney Store before grabbing some food.


We actually went to somewhere my dad had gone the previous weekend called Angus Steak House as there happened to be a branch down Oxford Street which was handy as neither of us felt much like walking. The restaurant it's self was lovely it was just shame about the service and funny how a meal that is exactly the same can be so different.


We both went for the same ribs but with different sides and when the ribs came out mine were perfect so juicy and the meat fell right of the bone but for Kirsty's they were dry, rock hard and had barely any meat on them. The waiter was so rude about the situation blaming her cutting when it was clearly the ribs luckily the serving boy defused the situation and went and got her some more which were perfect the next time. Just a shame the waiter then went and moaned to his manager in ear shot, I won't be visiting this branch again but maybe ill try the other branch next as the ribs were incredible.


By this point the day was talking its toll a little bit on us both, knackered from the long drive and day we decided to call it a day and head home around 8pm. We managed to get back in to Bristol for 10:30pm. I had such an amazing day out and I can't wait for more of our adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment