Tuesday 20 March 2018

It's Official ... I'm Going Back to Disneyland Paris

I've been dying to go back to Disneyland Paris since my last trip with Emma back in September 2017 and with the unexpected curve ball of my landlord selling the flat and our holiday to Tokyo it just wasn't going to happen but I have some good news we no longer have to move as the flat is being brought by an investor and we get to stay.

What does this mean for me? Well the extra money I was planning to save to move can now be used to fund a trip, a trip I've been dying to do for so long. I'm so glad we can stay in the flat until we are ready to move as it saves us rushing around looking for money and some where new.


We're going on the 7th October arriving in the evening and coming back on the evening of the 10th October meaning we will get 2 and half days in the park which is plenty during non peak time. We have decided to stay off site for two reasons one being the costs is so much cheaper and secondly after staying in the budget Disney hotels I haven't been impressed.

We are staying in Hi Park by Adagio which is located just a 5 minuet walk from the Val D'Europe metro station and shopping centre. The reason we have chosen to stay here is because for 3 nights it was very cheap and had been recommend by my best friend Martha who stayed there back in February. What is great about this hotel is they offer a free shuttle to and from the parks and its actually only a 15 minuet walk as well which means we have a few options of getting there.

We booked our 3 day park tickets from Attraction Tickets Direct as they were offering these for a reduced rate meaning we saved £60 which is great as every little helps. I haven't used them before but speaking to a lot of people who have said they are great and easy to redeem the tickets when you get to the parks.

All in all the holiday cost us £288 each which in my eyes is a bargain as to stay on site in one of the budget hotels it would have set us back £503 each meaning we saved £215 staying off site meaning I have extra money for spending now.

I'm super excited for this trip because it means I can cross off another special event at the park as we will be there during the Halloween Season which is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I can't wait to see all the extra shows that will be on when we are there but also meeting some different characters who have special meet and greets during the season as lots of Villains will be out but also Marie who is a favourite and hoping for the Cheshire Cat to be out again which would be a dream come true. My main goal is to meet Rapunzel this trip as I have been super unlucky on previous occasions so here is hoping.

(Image from http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk)

As we are only there for a short number of days we plan on eating in the counter service restaurants on two occasions and then having a sit down meal one night. This is just to keep things cheap plus two of the places we really want to eat at happened to be counter service.

The counter service restaurants we have gone for are Casey's Corner because Kirsty loves this place over in Florida and I have actually never been so I'm excited to try the ever so popular Casey's Hot Dog. We have also gone for Cafe Hyperion because If I'm going back then I am having a Jedi Burger and Yoda Cupcake so I really hope they don't take it off the menu before we go because its one of my favourites.

For our only sit down meal of the whole trip we have decided to go for the all you can eat buffet at Billy Bobs. I've been here a few times before and each time I have enjoyed it as there is a lot of variety and choice for everyone plus its a really good price and even includes a drink. The dessert section is the best!

What to expect before I go:
1. What I'm Packing - Outfit Plans
2. What's In My Parks Bag
3. Trip Plans - Things We Plan To Do

What to expect when I return:
1. Trip Reports
2. Disneyland Paris Haul

As we near the end of March it feels like October is ages away but when you look at it in days 200 doesn't feel that long. I already know what I am planning to wear on the days I am there so it's literally just getting my spending money up together now and saving for Tokyo to which is in 229 days. 

Exciting times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment