Monday 10 April 2017

Places I've Eaten In So Far This Month!

I cannot believe how many times I have been out for food this month and we are only a week and a bit in to April. Usually I go out for a meal once a month at the most but sometimes not even that but the last few weeks have been so busy catching up with friends and the simplest thing to do is go for food.

Smokehaus - Bristol City Centre
We actually stumbled across Smokehaus one Thursday evening when we had originally decided to go somewhere else but because it was one of the first hottest days of the year we couldn't get in to any of our original choices. After walking around for a good half hour nearly giving up hope we came across here and checked it out online before making the decision to venture inside.

It actually used to be an all you can eat buffet which wasn't very good at all so it was nice to see the place completely revamped. The decor inside was amazing all the different lights and fairy lights on the roof gave it a real nice ambiance.

After having our hearts set on burgers this is what we decided to go for with a side of onion rings and mac n cheese as this is something that me and Joel just love. The food came really quick and the portion sizes were huge, the burger it self was a really nice size and good quality meat which is always a bonus.


We didn't take a look at the dessert menu this time around as we were so full but I did have the most amazing Oreo Milkshake!


 Chiquitos (Two Times)
Two times you ask? I love this place but I wouldn't usually visit here 2 times with in the same week.

One of my trips was with my best friend as she was down in Bristol and gave me a chance to meet her lovely boyfriend. The reason we chose here is because it has a gluten free menu making it easier for her to pick something to eat rather than faff about in other places.


On my first trip I had one my favourites a classic spicy chicken chimichanga which comes on a bed of chips with sour cream, salsa and guacamole to put on top. For dessert I opted for the golden nugget cheesecake as on my last visit they had ran out and it was amazing jam packed with golden nuggets and honeycomb with a little pot of warm chocolate sauce.



My second trip was with my dad and his partner we were originally meant to be going to his but plans changed and they offered to take us for lunch which was nice. Chiquitos for us is the go to place as we all love the food and its somewhere we have been going for a while now although he did say we didn't have to go there I wasn't bothered as I love the food.

For food this time I had the chicken and ribs which comes with onion rings and corn on the cob as I hadn't had this in a while and to this day I still think they are some of the best ribs I've had. For dessert yes I did have the golden nugget cheesecake again as it was so good the first time around that I had to have it again whoops!


The Burger Joint - Bristol City Centre (Clifton)
I've only ever been to The Burger Joint once and that was for my Birthday back in September 2015 and its not that I didn't enjoy coming here but where it is located its a little hard to park up that way but as it was such a lovely day and it was my Brothers girl friends birthday the day before we decided to take the long walk from the centre to go get some food.

She is allergic to Gluten so it was important that where we went offered something she could eat and it was great as they had a booklet with everything she could and couldn't eat in which was really handy. What I love about this place is that you simply fill in the tick sheet and they go off and make your burger making it so simple.


This time around I had a venison burger topped with smoked cheese, onions, mushrooms and pulled pork which was amazing with a side of chips and onions rings. I didn't actually manage to eat all of my food which was a shame because my stomach felt a little off but when I did have I really enjoyed.


No dessert on offer here but I did have a mint areo milkshake as I have been obsessing with anything mint flavoured recently! On our long walk back down we did stop off for a cheeky cocktail which was amazing!




And tonight I am actually of to Nando's with my good friend from collage Jem for a catch up before she heads off to Camp in the US for a while. This will be my last meal out probably for a few months as I have little money left now whoops!

Where have any of you eaten recently that you have really enjoyed?

No comments:

Post a Comment