Wednesday 26 April 2017

March/April: Books I've Read

So I may have missed my end of March book's I've read post and that is simply because I was naughty and didn't read a whole book last month I only read half of a book whoops. The month kind of ran away with me so I thought I would join March's and April's posts together instead.

Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan

So I originally started reading this back in March after I finished her quick read book. The reason I choose to read this was because its been sitting on my shelf for nearly 3 years since I moved in to the flat and there is already 2 sequels to the book out so thought I better get a move on.

I have to admit when I was reading the first chapter I wasn't 100% sure if I was actually going to like this book or not but as the story progressed and a few chapters in I began to find myself falling in love with Polly and the characters around her. There is one really sad part in this book that I totally didn't see coming at all but it did spice up the story and made things change for the characters.

Summer Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan

After I read the first book in this series I just couldn't not start the next one after how it ended! I finished the first one and the next day I picked up the second book and read a good 8 chapters which is totally unlike me!

I am so glad that I decided to read this book next as I have completely fell in love with the characters and they're stories. Even though things get really tough again for Polly in this book and everything seems to be falling down around her. I am just so happy to see her pick herself back up and get it going again. Also I am so glad Neil was still in the story I love that little bird.

There is a 3rd book in this series but it's a Christmas story so therefore I am going to leave this until November time to read along with the next Rosie Hopkins sweet shop story. I cannot wait to see what happens next for both of them but it doesn't feel right reading a Christmas book in spring although saying that after the way this book has ended I really want to read the next one.
                                         
Harry Potter: Page to Screen 


"I checked this out weeks ago for a bit of light reading" is the quote that always comes to mind when ever I pick up this book because its huge and full of so much detail. Again another book that has been sat on myself for nearly 2 years. When I was given it for my birthday I was over the moon but it was just so much to read that I would often flick through it and read bits here or there.

I finally decided that this month I would take on the mamouth task that is reading this book and actually started from the beginning this time. The book its self is beautiful full of so many sections, interesting facts, photos and designs that made the film but it was difficult to read due to the size compared to normal books and the weight of it as well.


I haven't actually managed to finish it this month but I have made a dent in it so hopefully by the summer I will have finished it. So I shall keep you up to date on my progress each month.


I am actually so surprised this month that I managed to read two 400 page books as for me just reading at the best of times is a real struggle so to actually read two of them is a real achievement for me. I think it does really help if you get engrossed in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment