Tuesday 30 May 2017

May: Books I've Read

Found reading this month a real struggle again but I think this may have been because I wasn't really enjoying the book I had chosen to read to begin with which is a real surprise because she is my favourite Author.

Always The Bridesmaid by Lindsey Kelk

I barely used to read before until I was randomly looking at the book section in Tesco and stumbled across a book called "The Single Girls To Do List" by Lindsey and instantly fell in love before my best friend recommend her I Heart series which are now my favourite books of all time and got me back in to reading.

I was really surprised when I picked up this book and didn't instantly click with the characters and the story like I usually do with her other books which is why it's taken me a lot longer to read than usual. It wasn't really until half way through the story that I started to enjoy what I was reading and had the urge to keep on going.

I found the beginning of the book rather slow which is unusual for me but there was just something about it that I wasn't really enjoying until half way through and things started to pick up and the plot started to get interesting. But by the end of the book I couldn't put it down as I wanted to find out what happened with the wedding, the job and Will and Tom her love interests. I really loved the texts, emails and messages that were included at the end as it gave an extra insight in to what happened next.

Its meant to be a stand alone book so whether she will write a follow up book who knows but I really hope she does as I want to know what happens next!

I still have "We're on a break" to read which is her most recent novel which I think I'll read next because she is releasing another I Heart book in September which will be an instant read for me and I like to be up to date with all her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment