Friday 28 July 2017

June/July: Books I've Read

This month I decided to join June and July's post together just because in July I read the first book on the list with in two weeks but then ended up reading two books around the same time which carried on in to July so it just made more sense to collaborate both months.

From Notting Hill To New York Actually by Ali McNamara

My friend brought me the first and second book from this series for my birthday absolutely ages ago and after a few years I finally managed to read the first book last year and it was amazing so I'm not to sure why its taken me this long to read the second.

After finishing my May book I picked this one up on the bank holiday and plough through half the book in two days which was an achievement for me in its self. What I love about this series is the characters, the drama and how this one girl can manage to get up to the most craziest things without even meaning to. After every chapter ends you just want to start reading the next because you NEED to know what happens like how she becomes friends with Bradley Cooper like come on!

From Notting Hill With Four Weddings Actually by Ali McNamara

So it didn't take me that long to make a start on the third book in the series now did it? This time I decided I would actually just get on and get reading it as I just had to see what happened after the most romantic proposal in the last book.

After finishing the last book in the series I just had to know whether or not there were going to be any more and after tweeting Ali McNamara she said there was nothing in the pipe line at the moment which was gutting but least she didn't rule it out.

I would love to see a fourth book in this series as I'm dying to know what happens next and whether they do end up having a baby in the end and just what random things Scarlet manages to get herself in to now!

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Screen Play - JK Rowling

Finally gotten around to reading this after having it on my bookshelf since Christmas even though I have seen the film so many times I just had to pick this up and get it read as I'm trying to read as many of my books before I get my Kindle. 

It was such a quick read as well because its not your typical book as its a script from the film rather than an actual story which I quiet like although its taken me a while to get used to the style. Even though like I said I've seen the movie so many times I've really loved reading the script and all the illustrations are really nice and the cover is beautiful.


So you may be wondering why this month I read one of my books on a Kindle? Well my mum kindly lent me hers so I could give it a test run and see if I got on with it ok because I have always said I preferred reading an actual book but actually after reading on the Kindle I really liked it as its exactly like reading a book and its a lot more light weight and easier to hold.

Another reason why I wanted to convert is because I have been running out of book space on my shelf as well as the Kindle versions actually being a lot cheaper than buying the actual book. Plus when you go on holiday you can take as many books away with you as you like without having to take up to much room.

My mum has actually offered to get me a Kindle for my birthday in September which is amazing and will be such a good present rather than just having money so I've got 12 books to try and read between now and September which I probably wont be able to do but I will give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment