Tuesday 20 June 2017

Review: June 2017 Tokyo Treat Box

So this months box is full of snacks that are perfect to be enjoyed when its raining outside as this months theme is Rainy Day Snacks although for me I will eat any snack what ever the weather hehe.


For once I've been really excited about receiving my box this month as I've seen some spoilers of the treats included and they look awesome especially the DIY kit. I've been a bit unsure since they changed the boxes and replaced two of the bigger items with a pack of smaller treats but we shall see.

As always here is a photo of the outside and the inside of the booklet they provide which details all the items included within the box in English, because if you are like me and cannot read Japanese then this is a great help.



Items Received:
Dagashi Bag/Wagashi: 
I think this actually has to be one of my favourite Dagashi bags so far as this month as there were more of a variety of treats rather than them being all savoury.

Main Box:
Chip Star Mild Salt (5/5)
These are essentially Japanese versions of Pringles but these tasted so much better that's for sure as they were a mild salt flavour rather than a really salty flavour like ready salted crisp are like in the UK.

Super HimoQ - Grape and Muscat Flavour (5/5)
We have actually had one of these in a previous box but it was Cola and Ramune flavoured but this time it was two different flavours of grape. I love Grape gummy sweets and the fact that it was really long was awesome.

Marble Chocolate (5/5)
Japanese version of Smarties here over in the UK apart from some of these had cute pictures on and the packet included a cool little sticker.

Shimi Choco Corn Soft Cream (5/5)
We have had these before in a chocolate flavour but in this box they were a soft cream flavour which kind of reminded me of vanilla ice cream. Only thing that disappointed me was the fact that back was barley full compared to the last time we had these the bag was mostly air.

Chocobi Space Parfait (5/5)
I wasn't 100% sure if I was going to actually like these they are corn puff star shaped snacks that come in a variety of fruit flavours but actually these tasted really nice although I couldn't quite tell what the different flavours were as they all tasted the same as there was no colour difference to help make out which one was which.

Mix Fruit Soda Ramune Candies (5+)
By now you should all know that anything ramune flavour will always get a big thumps up from me. I really liked the design of this packet because they made it to look like a little bottle of drink. These were 3 different flavours of candy and my favourite had to be the strawberry one.

Black Thunder Kaki No Tane (5/5)
Everybody always raves about these Black Thunder bars but after my first experience with one of these that tasted awful I was a little skeptical to try this one. After checking what flavour this one was I decided to give it a go and it tasted amazing better than whatever the first one I had was.

This flavour contained small pieces of salty pretzel which was really yummy mixed in with the chocolate and rice puffs.

Porippy Spice Peanuts (5/5)
These reminded me of Nobby's Nuts here in the UK with they're crunchy outside shell and peanut in the middle. They weren't over the top spicy but they did have a kick to them, I really like the pattern on the outside of the shell. Its nice to actually have some nuts in the box as since I've been subscribed something like this has never been included.

Pie No Mi - Pablo Cheesecake flavour (5/5)
I love these little pastry pies as they are so cute and small but still flaky like pastry. The first time I tried these were in Matcha flavour but these ones were based on a really popular Pablo Cheesecake flavour but if I am honest even those these ones still tasted amazing they didn't really have what I would call a strong cheesecake flavour to them.

Shinchan Puri Puri Pudding (N/A)
I haven't got around to do doing this DIY candy kit yet although I am hoping this one will be easy enough to do ... famous last words!

Kit Kat Sakura Kinako (5/5)
I have been loving all the Kit Kats that have been included in the last couple of boxes! Its meant I have been able to try loads of flavours that aren't available over her in the UK as we only have a few variations compared to the tones they have in Japan you wait till I come back next year hehe.

These had a very subtle Sakura flavouring to them but it tasted very creamy with a hint of caramel to it.

Tropicana Sakura Peach Taste (5/5)
After the last few fruity drinks that have been included in these boxes have tasted awful I wasn't really please to see yet another Sakura mixed drink had been included. Although I should have known with it being Tropicana it was going to taste lovely so I take back what I said.

I think because it was peach mixed with raspberries and cherries it wasn't over the top floral like the previous drinks have been like and was very refreshing.

One Piece Multi Colour Pen
Not a massive fan of One Piece but I won't complain at having another pen as you can never have enough of them. Although I am going to cut the strap of the top as it just gets in the way.

I've actually really enjoyed this months box compared to the last two since the change maybe because the variety of snacks have been different and not savoury heavy. July's theme is Beach Party so I am expecting some fruity flavours and hopefully some more gummy candy.

If you would like to read any of my Tokyo Treat reviews from 2016 then please click on the "Tokyo Treat" or "2016" labels in the labels column on the side.

Thank you for reading. I purchased this with my own money and was NOT paid to review this by Tokyo Treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment