Thursday 1 December 2016

Berlin - November 2014 - Part Three - Computerspiele Museum

With mine and Joel's passion for games when we stumbled across an advert for this Computer Museum it was a must do and with it being Joel's birthday it was the perfect treat.

The Museum of Computer Games is full of nostalgia as soon as you walk through front door, you are greeted with childhood memories from the past and present which is why it makes it a great museum for anybody to visit.



The Museum is the first one to open in Europe and has a wide variety of classic games and consoles dating back from 1975 all the way up to the 21st Century and a lot of them in good working order with over 300 objects in the whole exhibition.



One of my favourite things I loved about the museum was the wall of historic development highlighting 50 famous games dating back in 1975 and it included ones like "The Sims" from back in 2000 which you all know made me super excited that it got a mention along with PacMan, Grand Theft Auto and Super Mario. There were a lot of games I didn't really recognise as they were a bit before my time but it was great to read about them,



As we got further around the exhibition I spied one of my all time childhood classics ... THE DANCE MAT! and it was even working and had my favourite disc playing so of course I had to have a go and it was amazing brought back so many memories and as it was quiet the day we went I didn't mind having a play.



Another section of the museum was set up like children's bedrooms or living rooms from past decades each containing a different working console along with loads of different games, posters and books from that decade and it was brilliant. To look at some of the super old computers and consoles that my parents would have played on was amazing.


To my delight when I was walking around the museum I spotted my passion in life Disney! The main man himself Walt Disney got his own special mention on the wall, it was so long ago that we went that I can't quite remember what section he was in but Disney was there!


I have to say if you are ever in Berlin and love video games or just fancy something different to do then I really recommend it. Not one wall or space in the museum was bare there was always something to look at, read or interact with. The cost to get in wasn't even that much only €8 per person and considering what was there it was worth every euro and they even had a shop at the end which was great.



No comments:

Post a Comment