Saturday 31 December 2016

Review: December Tokyo Treat Box

So after my November box turned up super late my December box actually turned up a week early but with it being Christmas and me going to my partners this year I haven't actually had time to write this review until now. After Novembers box being delayed I was worried about whether this box would show up but all faith is restored and here we are.


As mentioned in my November review the December boxes theme is CHRISTMAS and I was super excited to receive my box it was jam packed with special Christmas treats. By just looking at the contents included in this box you can see its filled with lots of special Christmas treats with a lot of chocolate and ramune flavours.

As always here is the booklet which they always provide so you can see the full descriptions of the items along with my thoughts and comments below;



Items Received:
This time instead of writing in"Italic" what the products are as mentioned in the little book provided I will just give my own comments along with pictures and a rating out of 5 so here goes ...

Christmas Edition Shimi Choco Corn (5/5)
We have actually had these before but not with the Christmas packaging and I am glad to see these again in another box because they are delicious. They are like chocolate corn snacks that feel like they have a layer of chocolate over the top as well even though they don't.

Christmas Edition White Milk Caramel Corn (+5/5)
Caramel Corn again? Put it in every box and I would be happy. Ever since I tried the peach flavour in my March box I have been obsessed and cannot wait to try more flavours. This one is the Christmas themed milk flavour which tasted very sweet and melted in your mouth.

Bireley's Soft Candy (5/5)
These were a small little round chewy candy that came in 4 different flavours although I don't think I had any of the peach flavour because I couldn't see that colour in the packet. My favourite out of the 4 is the grape flavour because I just love anything Grape.

Christmas Edition Chocolate Umaibo (5/5)
We have had these again before in another box but they only difference this month is the Christmas theme and just as tasty as last time.

Strawberry Roll Candy (5/5)
In the UK we have a thing called a Fruit Winder and this was essentially the same thing but with more of a strawberry kick which is a win win for me used to love them as a kid so brought back memories.

Christmas Fugashi (2/5)
This was like a soft rice puffed snack that had a harder outer shell. Well that's what it looked like when I was eating it anyways cause it was darker than the middle of the treat and it tasted nice and had a good texture but it was lacking flavour? Seemed a bit bland.

Puchi Puchi Art Gummy DIY (0/5)
Ugh is all I am going to say! I hate DIY kits haha!

Cocoa Flavour Chocobi Ramune (1/5)
Now you would think with me loving Ramune that I would have rated this a 5 and the main reason I didn't was because I was disappointed with how hard the candies were :( I was looking forward to a fizzy chocolate candy and it was solid and tasted powdery. The reason I gave this a one was because the packaging is super cute.

Komekko Scallop Flavour (2/5)
I still haven't actually finished these yet and that's because they're are nice but they aren't amazing. I like the taste of them because they are fishy but not the texture its kind of like a weird cracker biscuit that I don't like.

Christmas Edition Corn Potage Umaibo (5/5)
Ever since we had that little packet of Corn potage in a previous book I was super excited to see these in this months box. I love the christmas themed packaging and they still tasted as good as I remembered.

Tomato Pretz (3/5)
I'm not a massive lover of Pretz sticks and I prefer Pocky more because of the creamy coating they have but these tomato flavoured ones are actually really yummy which surprised me as I wasn't too sure in the flavour when I read the box.

Mokeke With Ball Chain (5/5)

Cream Stew Ramune (0/5)
When I saw this advertised the thought of it actually made me feel sick! And that it did when I opened it, it just didn't taste of anything nice and the fact that it was fizzy made it even worse!!! It was poured down the sink right away!

Hi Milk Chocolate CUBIE (5/5)
MMMMMMM these were amazing! They are like little cubes of chocolate that have a hard shiny outer coating and then a softer middle and just tasted of creamy milk chocolate.

Mini Choco Chips (5/5)
Cookies!!!!! These were so good, shame they were so tiny as I prefer bigger cookies and biscuits but these tasted really nice and were just a simple chocolate chip flavour.

Cola Ramune Candy (+5/5)
Ramune? Cola? Candy? Win Win! Since having these boxes I have become obsessed with anything Ramune flavour and I have to say these were not shared with anyone haha.

So my January box has been shipped and is on its way over from Japan as we speak, next months theme is New Year with it being January.

You can read my other Tokyo Treat box reviews for MarchAprilJuneAugustSeptember, October and November here:)

Thanks for reading. I purchased this with my own money and I was NOT paid to review this by Tokyo Treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment