Friday 10 January 2014

New Years in London!


New years in London...

So this year me and my best friend decided to go to London to spend New Years Eve watching the fireworks display from Westminster Bridge, this is defiantly something worth doing at least once. We stayed in a Premier Inn in Waterloo which is about 10mins from the bridge and was relatively cheap considering. 


We got in to London around half past two went and checked in to our hotel and headed out in to Central London for our lunch. When ever in London we always have to go to our favourite American Diner E'ds (http://www.edseasydiner.com/) seriously go check it out its proper old skool retro American with the booths, juke boxes and shakes.



I recommend the sweet potato fries you haven't lived until you have had them. Whilst in Leicester Square I ended up in my favourite shop Tokyo Toys its a really cute kinda nerdy shop with manga, plush's, tshirts and Asian stuff so I kinda ended up with an Alpaca soft toy as your see too the left :)


At about 7:30pm me and Blondie left the hotel and made our way to the bridge to wait till 12:00am to see the fireworks. It was a long wait ill tell you that now but well worth it in the end the atmosphere was amazing everyone talking singing and wishing each other a new year. 

The fireworks were spectacular but I didn't smell anything mind don't know if the rain ruined this or what not but apparently it was meant to smell of strawberries and bananas would have been pretty amazing if it did smell. 

If anyone is thinking of going then I'd defiantly do it, one of those bucket list things you must dooooo!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment