Tuesday 30 August 2016

Birmingham Bound - 26th Aug 2016

I love making new friends especially with people who share the same passions and interests as myself and that is why recently I have enjoyed interacting with people on Instagram. On Friday just gone I was lucky to have a day off work and travel to Birmingham to meet up with two friends of mine that I have never met before.

I set off at 9am and got the train from Bristol to Birmingham and the first lovely lady I met was Kim who I have been friends with for years now. I'm not actually 100% sure if we met on Instagram or through something else but either way we have been online friends for ages now and it was great to have the opportunity to meet her.


We decided to meet at 11am and go and grab some lunch before popping to the shops mostly the Disney Store. Kim brought her daughter along called Sophie for a girly day out and she was the most cutest little girl I have ever met she was so well behaved and by the end of our time together she had come out of her shell.


We went for lunch in a pub called "The Brasshouse" which is right by the canal side and the walk along the canal in the shinning sun made it so much better. As we got there early we decided to have a drink before spending a good half and hour actually deciding what wanted. Me and Kim both went for burgers mine being cheese and chorizo and hers was a sweet potato burger.


Both of these were amazing and such a good size as well as Sophie's kids meal as well. For dessert me and Sophie had Chocolate Fudge Cake and Kim had Rocky Road Cheesecake. I would definitely eat here again the location, staff and food were both lovely.


After food we took a stroll back to the shopping centre and had a little look around before is was 3pm and time for me to meet another new friend called Sabrina. Now Sabrina is the lovely lady who makes my Disney Ears which are incredible and probably over the last 5 months we have been talking loads via Instagram and as we couldn't meet at Hyper Japan we decided to meet up and do some shopping.

We started in the Disney Store of course having a look around before making our way to some other shops before ending up in Wagamama's for an evening meal and yes before you ask I did manage to eat it all haha but after all the walking around and fresh air I needed some more food and you know me a proper foodie.


It was so lovely to finally meet both of them and what is great is that I got on with both of them like we had met up before and it wasn't our first time. I'm quite a nervous shy person at times so I'm glad that it all went well and there was no awkward silences which can happen. Kim and Sabrina were both such lovely people and we have so much in common I can't wait to meet them again for more adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment