Tuesday 16 August 2016

Last Week On Instagram: SS Great Britain Day Trip

So this weeks post is mostly photos from our day trip on Friday as not much else has really happened last week so I thought I would just share these photos.



1. SS Great Britain Day Trip
So last Friday I was lucky enough to have a flexi day off work and as it is the Summer holidays I was asked if I fancied a trip down to the SS Great Britain which if you don't know what this is then she is the first ever ship made of Iron which had a screw propeller engine. She was designed by Isambard Kingdon Brunel.

I haven't been here since I was 6 years old and after hearing about how much it had changed museum wise over the years I took the opportunity. It has definitely changed a lot with lots more interactive areas and life like modules on the lower decks to make it more realistic. Even more so that actually they included smells as well which were OK in some areas but not so where the lady was sea sick!

I am a massive history lover so it was great to look around the museum especially at the time line of events through her life but also putting it in to context among other things that happened during that time like when Coca Cola was launched and Alice in Wonderland was written. I just find all these things fascinating.

The kids had the most amazing time and really enjoyed exploring the ship maybe not the museum as much but they had a good time all the same. As it was so sunny and warm out we decided to take a trip on the ferry up and down the River Avon before getting off to go for an Ice Cream. I love spending time with my Nephews and Niece especially when we take them out on little trips and you can see them enjoying themselves.

Follow Me Here: Please_Take_Me_To_Neverland

No comments:

Post a Comment