Friday 5 August 2016

Wish List: Disney Books

I love reading and I especially love reading books that relate to Disney whether they are Artwork books, books on the history of rides and parks or even Walt himself. I don't currently own many which is a shame but money is tight at the moment but I thought I would share a few of the books that I would really like.


1. The Art Of Pocahontas - Amazon - £30 - £90
This book is such a rare gem and very difficult to get hold of especially new, I'm quite funny about buying used books especially if they don't provide proper copies of the book.

This book was first released in 1995 and hasn't been reproduced since and I was actually lucky enough to find a new copy for £32 rather than the usual £50 - £90 price tag, This will be a birthday present from my mum and I am so excited for it to come.

2. Maps of Disney Parks: Charting 60 years from California to Shanghai - Amazon - £22.68
Now this book isn't out until the end of October and I have already placed my pre order for a copy because this is something that fascinates me because its the history of the parks over the last 60 years and with the recent park in Shanghai now open it will be great to see how the parks and maps have changed over the years for the eras.


So the next few books on my list happen to be artwork books from some of my favourite movies. I love looking through Artwork books because it gives you an incite in to how the movie was produced and the concept art that then may become a reality or never made it to the final cut. Like for example Meeko was originally meant to be a turkey.

3. Tangled Artwork Book - Amazon - £19.96
4. Zootropolis Artwork Book - Amazon - £17.00
5. Inside Out ArtBook - Amazon - £19.99
6. Big Hero 6 ArtBook - Amazon - £19.98
7. Art of Ratatouille (Pixar Animation) - Amazon - £19.99

8. They Drew As They Pleased: The Hidden Art of Disney's Golden Age - Amazon - £19.99
This book was only released back in September last year and it appeared to have slipped off my radar. I don't know much about this book but from the reviews I have seen I can see that is about the golden age of Disney and all the Disney artists who worked on a few select movies.

9. Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Disney Little Golden Book - Amazon - £7.55
This book has been on my list for ages! And its full of loads of drawings from the Disney Animated movies along with positive quotes so essentially like a self help book or something to pick you up when your're feeling down.

10. Art of the Disney Golden Books - Amazon - £25
I have been meaning to buy this book for a while now and I know a few people who own this already and the inside of the book is just beautiful full of tones of photos, artwork and writing about the History of Disney.

So I think the next book I may have to buy is number 10 as the more I see of it the more I want it closely followed by the Tangled and Zootropolis artwork books.

No comments:

Post a Comment