Sunday 11 February 2018

Lets Talk ... Tokyo

It feels like forever since I said me and Joel were planning a trip to Tokyo back in 2016, finally now in 2018 it's safe to say the holiday is officially booked and we are going! Even though I've been super excited and secretly planning the whole trip since that point it feels more real now we have the trip booked and paid for.


After taking a hiatus from my blog for a while I've had a few people over on my Instagram ask me if I was going to be writing up my travel plans and I have to be honest I wasn't 100% sure if I was going to or not but here we are and here I am trying to get my mojo back.

So... whats the deal?

We are off to Tokyo for Joel's 30th Birthday which is in November so during the winter season in Japan which isn't an issue for us as we would rather be cold and wrap up warm then be boiling plus looking at previous weather forecasts its still actually been pretty mild during the weeks we are planning to go.

The weeks we have chosen to go have been set really since we decided to go away with Joel's birthday falling directly in the middle which is perfect. We fly on Monday 5th from our local Airport which is 45 minuets from our house which is GREAT and I'm so glad we found out we could fly from there as its saved us hotel and travel costs going from Birmingham or London ... thank you KLM. We arrive bright and early on the 6th which is going to be the only issue as we have to wait until 3pm to check in to our hotel whoops but at lease we can go and leave our luggage and explore the area probably taking that day a little easier after the long haul flight and crazy time difference.

I've never done a flight longer than 6 and half hours before so I am very nervous about the 14 hour flight but I know it will be worth it in the end. We then have 10 full days in Tokyo from when we arrive to explore leaving on the 16th. We have opted to just stay in Tokyo on this trip as its completely out of our comfort zones and money is tight at the moment. 

We originally had an apartment booked for the trip but after noticing that the hotel we wanted to stay in was reduced to half price for the full duration of our stay so we decided to change saving us £200 which was handy with paying more for the flights so we could fly locally. The hotel is located right by Tokyo Disneyland meaning we can make the most of the free shuttles they run to and from the parks or we could actually walk which I wouldn't mind doing.

As mentioned in a previous post Joel has indeed agreed that I could have two days in Disney which happen to fall at the start of the trip due to the crowd calendar for the parks meaning they will be the best days to go but it also means I won't have to worry about holding money back for during the trip I can just spend what I like right away as I have a feeling that's where most of my money will be going.

We were going to do the Ghibli museum as well but its actually closed the two weeks we are there which is gutting but just another reason to go back.

So with the basics of my trip covered I don't want to drone on too much and make this a very lengthy post so, I plan to split these up in to a series for you to read over the course of the next 9 months before we go as I have plenty of stuff planned already and notes written.

What to expect before I go:
1. Tokyo DisneySea Plans
2. Tokyo Disneyland Plans
3. Places we plan to Visit
4. Shopping
5. Food
6. What's in my Bag

What to expect when I return:
1. Various Trip Reports
2. Tokyo Disney Haul
3. Tokyo Haul
4. Useful Tips - I've already found these so useful so hopeful I can provide some of my own

So with only 266 days to go and time already flying by let the planning commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment