Sunday 18 February 2018

Top Movies of 2017

A little bit later than usual but not forgotten that's for sure as this is one of my favourite posts to write each year. Choosing this years movies was actually very difficult with so many amazing ones gracing our screen, hence why my usual ten has turned in to eleven for this year.


One thing I am going to say is that so many of these movies this year had such incredible soundtracks that I haven't stopped listening to since seeing the movie. In no particular order here we go ...

La La Land
Now I'm not a massive lover of musicals I will tell you that now and which might shock some people I cannot stand Mamma Mia or Hair Spray but there are some I absolutely love and La La Land was one of them. I have to admit I didn't know it was actually a musical I had just seen how many awards it was up for and all the good reviews and decided to go and luckily I loved it otherwise it could have been a long few hours.

From the moment the first song started I just knew it was a film I was going to love. The on screen chemistry from Emma and Ryan was perfect making the movie enjoyable along with the story, settings and soundtrack making me fall in love.

The Greatest Showman
The moment I saw the trailer for this movie I had to go and see it without a doubt the trailer its self looked incredible alone and another movie that from the moment it began I fell in love and instantly knew I needed to see it again.

The casting was spot on throughout and especially with Hugh Jackman and Zac Efron both two beautiful men. The soundtrack to this movie is another incredible one which I haven't stopped listening to since I saw it in the cinema. The movie was so upbeat and incredible done.

Girls Trip
I didn't actually see Girls Trip in the cinema as I had no one to go with and I wasn't sure if it was going to be a lot like bridesmaids but a friend of mine lent me the DVD over Christmas and I have to admit I haven't laughed that much in agessss and I mean proper tears running down my face laughter.

What a brilliant movie with hilarious stupid moments which I could totally see happening on many girls trip and I look forward to seeing it again.

Baby Driver
Another movie with another incredible soundtrack and anyone who has seen this movie will totally agree that the music just fits in so well with each scene. Such an amazing cast as well for the film with the main character called Baby being played by Ansel Elgort who is one of my favourites along with Lily James another actress I adore. The movie is about Baby who is a get away drive who relies on the sound of music to be the best around and that he is!

Beauty and The Beast - Live Action
Ever since the announcement of this movie I had been so excited for it to be released especially when then they went and announced the cast and shown a preview trailer. Even though some people weren't happy with Emma Watson playing Belle I couldn't have been more happier with being a Harry Potter lover as well as Dan Stevens playing the beast.

I actually went to see this movie 3 times in the cinema thats how much I loved the movie, everything about it was perfect the attention to detail and also another amazing soundtrack. My favourite song from the original movie was Be Our Guest and it was done so well I loved it.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle 
First thing I'm going to say is why did they have to kill his pug :( yes I know his girlfriend then goes and gets him the most adorable new little pug but come on whyyyyyy! Anyways now we are past that extremely sad moment the rest of the movie was amazing, I loved that there is another spy organisation in the United States which Channing Tatum was part of and especially how the movie ended meaning there must be a 3rd one coming at some point.

The Lego Batman Movie
With The Lego movie being such a huge success, when this was announced I just knew it was going to be an amazing movie. Yes its meant to be for kids but this movie has so many adult references and funny scenes that makes it great for all ages.

Hidden Figures
I knew from the trailer I had to see this movie with there being such a great cast chosen to re tell this incredible story of the 3 ladies that helped with the space launch.

Guardians of The Galaxy: Vol 2
As soon as the first movie finished at the cinema I just wanted there to be a second film so bad and when he flipped over that tap and it said Vol 2 on the other side we just knew it was coming. It was worth the wait for such an amazing movie and cast which has you laughing throughout even though there are some sad scenes its an incredible movie with another amazing soundtrack!

Spiderman: Homecoming
How many Spiderman movies do we need? Lots apparently but this one is by far the best one yet, I love that we got to meet our new Spiderman during the most recent Captain America movie and since that point on I was very excited for this movie as Tom Holland was such a good choice.

There is something about this movie that just feels different to the rest of them. Its fresh, funny and not like the usual movies that were released before this one. I can't wait for more.

Paddington 2
Who doesn't love Paddington? The first movie was so good and such a cute movie that when they announced the second I was so excited. These movies are just such good feel films and are perfect for any age young or old. I do have to admit I did shed a tear during this movie as it got a little sad in some places and plus he's just so cute. 

There are still so many movies that I loved in 2017 and that didn't make it in to my Top 10 list but this year these are some of my favourites, What movies have you seen this year that you really enjoyed?

I actually think 2018 is going to be my hardest post for movies with Disney having an incredible line up this year so we will have to see with Coco already making it on to the list and the year hasn't even  really began yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment