Friday 22 July 2016

Hyper Japan July 2016: Haul

So as you're all see from my previous post I went to Hyper Japan over the weekend in London so I though I would do a little post for you all of what I brought. As mentioned most of it is candy and snacks. I found a lot of the stalls there were over priced but they all had a variety of different items which was great.


So first stop and where I spent about 70% of my money was Tofu Cute. I have been a massive lover of them for a good few years now when my love for everything Asian began and I was so glad to see they were making an appearance this year.

First of all for £15 I picked up the smaller of the 2 snack lucky bags that they do, these come in a cute draw string bag blue for snacks and pink for plushes and cute things.


In my small bag I received 8 items and was really surprised that I actually received a drink as I thought it would have been included in the larger bags but win win aye. As they let you pick at random a bag you would like I was really happy with my choice as it included items that I hadn't even tried before.

It meant I was able to try Matcha for the first time and to my surprise it was ok I wouldn't personally go out of my way to buy it but if some one had given me some I wouldn't say no.


As well as having they're normal Kawaii section they also had a food festival area and a shop which was just full of different snacks and drinks obviously we made a B line right there after and picked up all of the above for £31 which I don't think is too bad considering the cost of postage you would pay if you brought it anywhere else.

I have been so excited to try Ramune for ages and have been close to ordering it online for a while but with Hyper Japan looming and Tofu Cute being there I decided to hold off although now I want to order more in different flavours. We went for Blueberry and Strawberry and they both tasted amazing and what is even more amazing in the unique bottles they come in with the glass ball at the top.


I have to admit we did you tube how to open a bottle of Ramune as we had no clue and I was surprised at how big the bottles were as I imagined them to be smaller. Essentially this is just a fizzy flavoured drink but it tasted amazing they were so sweet and a lot of fun to watch when you release the glass marble.

I'm a massive lover of chewy candy and one of my favourites are Hi-Chew especially the Grape flavour which you can see I did buy some but also luckily got some in my lucky bag but I have been wanting to try some chews from Puccho and I am so glad I did!


I picked up 3 different packets Assorted Fruit, Cola and Soda flavours. They're slightly different to Hi-Chew candies as these have a gooey centre and chewy candy pieces which  I didn't realise until we started eating them. Out of the three Soda was my favourite and since receiving different Soda treats in my Tokyo Treat boxes the flavour has become one of my favourites.

Of course I couldn't not pick up any Pocky it just has to be done especially when there is limited edition summer flavours on offer. We picked up Orange and Coconut then Joel wanted to get some Almond Crush ones.


All three of these flavours are amazing, especially the Almond and Coconut ones because the biscuits have little bits on them which makes them taste even more amazing. I'm not sure I would buy the orange ones again but the other two I defiantly would.

Moving away from food I came across a stall next to Tofu Cute called Dreamy Bows and they basically sell the most Kawaii stuff you could imagine from dresses to shoes to anything Kawaii for sure. They're also a Sailor Moon merchandise seller and have a wide range of items.


The first thing that caught my eye was this most beautiful cup there was 6 to choose from but I went for the cute pink colour with cute design rather than choosing a character as at the moment I am new to watching the show and only really know Sailor Moon.

Last but not least I couldn't not get a Totoro, I had seen a few whilst walking around but it wasn't until we reached up stairs and came across a stall by the website Otaku which sell a variety of Asian goodies.


On a massive stand they had a huge collection of Ghibli plushes and I could have easily brought them all but I refrained myself and got this one because he was super cute with his big wide mouth and teeth showing! Joel also picked up the Splatoon Artwork book which is in Japanses and hasn't been released in the UK yet which is pretty cool.

So that's what I picked up from Hyper Japan last weekend. I haven't really got much planned now until my Birthday in 52 days and then Disneyland in 56 days <3

No comments:

Post a Comment