Monday 18 July 2016

Hyper Japan July 2016

Finally after years of forgetting to book tickets on Saturday just gone I finally managed to get to go to Hyper Japan which is the UK's biggest convention of Japanese culture and anime that is held in various locations in London.


This year it was held in the same venue as me and Joel went to the London Film and Comic Con funnily enough on the same day as last year which was great because it meant that we knew exactly where to go. Hyper Japan was laid out in an more organised way than LFCC which meant there was a lot more free room to move about although it was still boiling hot and very uncomfortable but never the less I had a great time.

This year Nintendo had a massive area on the ground floor featuring all they're new games and upcoming releases with a special demo of the new Zelda game.


What was the best thing about it was they had Splatoon Battles on through out the day which was a great laugh to watch.


There were lots and lots of stalls ranging from fashion, kawaii, prints, dvds, collectables and loads more but a lot of the stuff was over priced but it was really nice to see all the hand made items. There was also loads of food stalls selling a variety of Japanese foods. Me and Joel both had a chicken Katus burger although I wish that I had wondered around more before making my choice.


My favourite stall had to be Tofu Cute who I have been buying stuff off they're website for a long time so it was great to finally actually get to see they're stock in person.


After a few hours we had decided we had had enough and that maybe we should move on. With it being such a nice day we went to visit Hyde Park for the first time and laze around on the grass as we had a few hours to kill before our coach back.


We found a cute little juice/smoothie bar in which we had a fresh carrot, apple and orange juice which was amazing and so refreshing and now I really want to make my own.


After our few hours in the sun we stopped off at Lola's Cupcakes to grab a wee snack before our long journey home and I have to say these were the best cupcakes we had ever had. I had a Red Velvet and Joel had a simple strawberry flavour.


I do love a good trip to London and I'm so glad that I finally managed to get to go! In my next post I will do a haul of what I brought although be prepared its mostly food ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment