Monday 27 February 2017

Disneyland Paris September 2017 Series: General Trip Infomation

Welcome everyone to the first post of my new series all about the lead up to my next and last Disney holiday until November 2018 boo hoo!


I thought I would ease the series in with a simple general bit of information about this trip like how we are travelling, where we are staying and more importantly a bit about Emma!

Our holiday begins on the 11th September when we will fly from Birmingham airport to Paris Charles De Gaulle in the early morning. We originally wanted to get the 6:30 am flight but once our dates were available they bumped up the costs a fair bit I imagine because this would be a popular business flight so we opted for the next one being at 9:20 am which in a way is more in our favour because by the time we have arrived, picked up our bags and made our way to the shuttle it will be about 12:30 pm meaning we should arrive at Disney by 13:30 pm with the hope that our room may be ready early!

We have decided that we would meet up in Birmingham the night before and stay in a hotel over night so we were ready for the flight in the morning. Ideally it would have been cheaper and easier to fly from Bristol and Emma from where she lives so next time this will be something I will more likely do than travel somewhere else.

Once at Disney we are staying in hotel Cheyenne for 4 nights and 5 days leaving on the morning of Friday the 15th September which will give us 3 and half days in the parks. We could have travelled home later on the Friday but because we both have onward journeys to make via train I thought it would be easier to get home for lunch time so we can both be home for dinner.

Due to having this holiday booked back in June last year it means we managed to still get breakfast included within our deal as now any bookings made for after the end of March this year no longer include it which is a real shame because it makes things more expensive.

The reason for the visit is because whilst we are there it is actually my 25th Birthday and at the same time it is Disneyland Paris's 25th Anniversary so I thought what a great way to celebrate then to spend it in Disney with my Best Friend Emma.

After a few issues with our booking due to the travel rep being a totally idiot we managed to get everything back on the straight and narrow. In our booking we have included 4/5 nights at Hotel Cheyenne including breakfast, Disney Magic Shuttle, Birthday Cake and confirmed lunch at ADC which is the Princess lunch on my actual Birthday. We paid for flights separately as they weren't available when we made the booking but it actually made our holiday a good £150 cheaper doing it this way anyways.


So more about my beautiful Emma. We have been friends for nearly a year and a half now and even after only being friends for a couple of months she was saying that she would love to come on my Birthday trip to Disneyland Paris and I am so excited that she is. We actually became friends via good ole Instagram via our mutual love for Disney of course but also The Sims but I actually think the first time we spoke was about The Sims and not Disney!


Ever since we have been talking most days, face timing and have met in person twice as she lives a little further away than I would like ;) I cannot wait to be reunited in 195 days for all our fun to begin!

Not sure which part of our planning I will post about next but with the anniversary beginning soon I can start to make more plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment