Sunday 19 February 2017

Review: February 2017 Tokyo Treat Box

And here we are already in to February and on to my 2nd Tokyo Treat box of the year! 

I am trying to decide whether to order the March Yume Twins box at the moment because its going to be Totoro themed but I am going to wait and see what people get first because I am a little strapped for cash and want to make sure its items worth getting and I know since I last had it they have changed they're boxes which seem to be containing better items so we shall see.

With it being February this months theme is Valentines Day and from the items I am looking at in this box they are all pretty pink and fit very well.

As always here is a photo of the outside and inside of the book that they provide you detailing all the items with in the box in English as well as some extra bits of information which I always look forward to reading.


Usually I would post a photo of the whole box and contents but because I was knackered from my trip to Paris when I was taking the photos I kind of forgot about those ones and ate a lot of the box before I forgot.


Items Received:
Strawberry Chocolate Covered Barley Puffs (5/5)
I knew we had had these before! In my first box I got last year in March!

Tirol Choco Strawberry Assortment (3)
I thought I had seen this brand and I was correct we received some of these in the March 2016 box but they were Sakura flavoured and this month these are strawberry flavoured but 3 different ones. Out of them all my favourite is named as Smoothie although from the photos it doesn't look like a smoothie ha. I wasn't that keen on the other 2 hence why the score is a little lower.

Strawberry Picola (1/5)
I don't know if because by the time I started eating these I was bored of the Strawberry flavour but I really wasn't really all that keen on these. My partner loved them so he's happy as that is more for him ha!

Peach Gumballs (5/5)
I love a good chewing gum and after having other flavours of these before I was looking forward to trying these although to start with I was like what these aren't sour like the usual ones but wow after the sweet taste you get it doesn't have pack a punch of sour after. I love liquid centre they had as well.

Mini Peach Ramune (5/5)
These are like really tiny peach ramune flavoured candies which tasted amazing shame they weren't bigger because I think they may have lasted me longer ha!

Calbee Kataage Chips - Clam Soup (5/5)
I love Calbee chips! And these ones are just amazing even though I thought they would be really fishy but they actually weren't at all although I am not really sure what clam's taste like but these were really nice.

Mini Asparagus Biscuits (5/5)
I find the name of these really bizarre because they are simply a biscuit with a layer of chocolate on the bottom and don't even resemble asparagus so would love to know where they got the name from. These did how ever taste very yummy and were just simple. 

Strawberry Mousse DIY - N/A - Haven't completed

Calpis Gummy Apple Flavour (5/5)
I had never heard of Calpis before until the drink that was included in last months box which I really liked so when I saw that these gummies were included I couldn't wait to give them ago. You could definitely taste the creamy taste like how the drink tasted with this apple flavour thrown in, I really loved the jelly middle.

Harvest Cheese Crackers Sandwich (5/5)
I feel like I have had something similar to these in the UK before but I cannot quite put my finger on it but these tasted amazing. They are little crackers with a cheese filling inside and the cheese has such a strong taste as well so these will definitely last a while as they're not something that you would eat in one sitting as they're very rich.

Bourbon Petit Shrimp Crackers (2/5)
I'm still not convinced on these and I think its the flavour.

Amuse Japanese Lucky Charms

Pocky Midi Strawberry Fromage (5/5+)
BEST POCKY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously this is amazing. I have never seen Pocky like this before so was really excited to give this a go and after trying it I am not sure I could eat normal Pocky again haha! Its double dipped with two layers of cream goodness.

Japanese Apple Sparkling Soda (5/5)
This has to be one of the best drinks we have received in recent boxes and it tasted really good and very refreshing. It was like a drink we have in the UK called Apple Tango but not as sour as that more of a gentle apple taste.

Strawberry Chocolate Lollipops (5/5)
These are so cute but not big enough! I love chocolate and especially strawberry flavoured chocolate so these were an instant hit for me. I love the packaging they came in the designs are really sweet.

Strawberry Langue De Chat Cookie (3/5)
These are a simple soft strawberry biscuit which taste good but I wouldn't necessarily buy them myself as I prefer a more thick biscuit and these were just to thin and could do with having some sort layer of chocolate on the bottom haha! 

I have to say this probably wasn't one of my favourite boxes as it was very savoury heavy and I like a good mix of gummy, chocolate and savoury items but there was some lovely items in here which I did really enjoy especially the Pocky! I can't wait for next months box as its a mix of Matcha and Sakura flavours. I'm more looking forward to the sakura treats but I will give the others ago!

If you would like to read any of my Tokyo Treat reviews from 2016 then please click on the "Tokyo Treat" or "2016" labels in the label column on the side.

Thanks for reading. I purchased this with my own money and I was NOT paid to review this by Tokyo Treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment