Friday 17 February 2017

Disneyland Paris/Paris Trip Report: Day 1

I cannot believe that it has already been over a week since I was on my girls weekend with my best friend to Paris and Disneyland, it has zoomed by that is for sure. As mentioned in previous posts this was part of a charity organised event by the lovely Chris and Corinne who did the September trip apart from this time we had an over night stay in a hotel which made everything a little less knackering well I say that haha.


Our journey began on Saturday morning when the coach driver picked us up from Bristol Temple Mead's train station at around 1 am in the morning which is a lot later than the previous trip and it didn't make it any easier as I spent the whole of Friday doing chores around the flat and then we decided we would stay up as there wasn't any point going to bed for an hour before we had to get up again.

From Bristol we made our way up to Swindon where we picked up the rest of the coach party where everyone seemed to be getting on at. At this point my friends Michelle and Tracy joined us which was great to see them and have them along for the journey. There was a slight delay with us leaving Swindon as 4 people didn't turn up due to them having the wrong information but luckily they managed to catch us up.

As we arrived at Dover to catch our Ferry it was snowing and I mean properly snowing which was amazing and it even continued in to France as well although by the time we arrived in to Paris the snow has stopped and vanished. I won't bore you with the details of our ferry crossing as nothing really exciting happened.


We arrived at our hotels around 14:30 pm which was what was predicted by Chris which was great even though by this point in the last 19 hours I had only managed about 4 hours sleep but we dashed in to our room freshened up and headed off in to Paris to go explore.

With having such limited time in Paris we decided to go straight to see the Eiffel Tower as that was one of the main places I wanted to see. We used the RER from Disneyland and hopped on the Metro to get to there which was a good experience even though I didn't like the Metro that much with it being a super old one and the lights kept going on and off!

Wow as soon as you got off the Metro you could see the Eiffel Tower right away and even though it was just a tiny bit it was beautiful and the closer and closer we got just wow, It was so cold in Paris that afternoon and by the time we got there it was starting to get dark and it wasn't exactly the best of lighting to be messing around with my camera but we took a few photos and walked up to the top to get a better view.



After messing around for half hour or so we started to get hungry, our feet were hurting and it was cold so we decided to make our way back to Disney to find somewhere to eat as we couldn't decided on anywhere in Paris although it wasn't much easier in Disney as it was a Saturday and busy. In the end after ages of walking around we decided to try the all you can eat Tex Mex at Billy Bobs.


With it being Saturday and us not booking anywhere we weren't sure on how long we would have to wait upon arriving, the guy on the door said he could have us a table within 30 minuets which we didn't think was to bad so went to the bar and grabbed a drink. As he didn't take my name I was little miffed and worried he would forget about us. At the bar I had my first ever Glowtini and it did not disappointed at all although I wish I had what Jemma had it was some sort of Candy Floss mocktail with sweets haha.

I regretted getting the cocktail straight away as it went straight to my head whoops considering the last proper meal I had was a full English on the ferry at 7:30 in the morning. After the half an hour we went back to the guy who for a second didn't look like he wanted to give us a table but in the end he did but we still then had to wait another half hour before being seated.


The cost of eating here was 32.99 euro and this did include a drink as well which I think was really good value for money considering the variety of food that was on offer. The food was always being replenished so there was never a shortage of things to eat and try not forgetting the massive range of desserts on offer I could have just gone there to eat.

By 10:15 pm we were finally done and made our way back to the hotel for some well deserved sleep skipping the shopping and opting for an early night which was for the best as by that time we were both shattered and looking forward to curling up in bed. Next stop DISNEYLAND!


No comments:

Post a Comment