Thursday 23 February 2017

Disneyland Paris/Paris Trip Report: Day 2 DISNEY DAY!

Finally after months of waiting since my last Disney coach trip the day had arrived and we were of to spend the day in DISNEY! Who doesn't love a Disney day?


"Fast Forward" all the morning boring stuff getting up, getting ready, eating and checking out we were finally in the lobby with Michelle and Tracy waiting for the coach to turn up to take us to the parks. It was late which didn't surprise us but that didn't stop us taking a few photos and messing around chatting to the other members from our party.



We arrived at Disneyland around 9:50 am and made our way over to the Walt Disney Studios to get our fast pass for Ratatouille as Jemma had never been on it before plus with it being a favourite of mine and so popular it made sense to get a Fast Pass first.


After getting our fast pass we headed over to RC Racer in the Toy Story play area as nobody really wanted to ride this with me on the last two trips and it was another ride that Jemma hadn't been on before well I dragged her on it to say the least. After this it was finally time to ride the best ride ever Ratatouille which is just amazing and it really doesn't matter who many times you ride it as its still amazing every time.


It was still raining at this point which was a real shame because he hadn't had chance to get out our cameras or Instax Polaroids but the rain was meant to stop later so in the mean time we got in the line for Tower of Terror which was currently at 60 minuets wait and boy was that a big fat lie by the time we had waited in the rain and reached the inside foyer bit to the hotel we had been waiting an hour to be told that only 2 of 6 lifts were working but by that time we thought we better stick it out and finally two hours later had rode TOT and reached the twilight zone ;)



I cannot believe that by the time we had rode RC Racer, Tower of Terror and Ratatouille it was coming up to 3 pm and we thought we had better get some lunch. We ended up in the quick service restaurant opposite the shops as you enter the Studio's because I was dying to get the Vader Menu and I am sooooo glad that I did!

The burger was AMAZING it was a simple burger with cheese, salad, gerkins and this special sauce in the most amazing black coloured burger bun. When I was carrying it to the table everyone was looking at my food because it was pretty weird if I am honest even when I was eating it it felt a little odd but it tasted so good. It was accompanied by a Yoda cupcake which was to die for one of the best cupcakes I had had although it was more like a gooey chocolate brownie with a green coloured cream on top.



We were originally meant to be meeting Michelle and Tracy at 4:30 pm to go and grab a spot for the parade but by the time we had finished eating it was near 4 pm and the sun was out so we decided to mess around taking some photos in the production courtyard of the Studios before making a decision to go grab a goofy hug which was the best thing ever. After this we hit the shops before making our way over to the Disney Park.



When we arrived we managed to catch the last half of Disney Magic on Parade as we had both seen it a few times we weren't to bothered if we missed it although I am glad I got to see some of it. I cannot believe it was now near 6 pm and it was getting dark ever so quickly so we made a dash for the castle for another photo shoot haha.






With the wait time for Big Thunder Mountain only at 45 minuets and after all the other failed attempts at riding this ride we decided to give it ago and long and behold after 3 years I finally got to ride it! It was incredible and I think the experience was even better because we were riding it in the dark which for some reason gave me a fit of giggles!

Once we came off BTM it was just gone 7 pm so we took a stroll up Main Street and went in every single shop there was although I feel like one shop was missing from previous trips so when I go back in September I shall have to take a look and see if it was just my imagination.

We decided that we would watch the Star Wars show instead of Disney Dreams this time around although that changed very quickly as after arriving we realised it was the French showing and not the English which threw us a little but after speaking with a CM we realised the programme was incorrect and they didn't bother to change it which really annoyed me!


So in the end we hopped over to Main Street and managed to get the most perfect view for Disney Dreams to finish of the most perfect day!


I'm glad that I managed to watch Dreams one last time before it all changes in March. I had the most amazing trip with Jemma and it was great to finally visit Disney with her and hopefully next time it will be for longer. So 199 days until I am back home so until then Disney!

No comments:

Post a Comment