Tuesday 28 February 2017

February: Books I've Read

I have to say this month I have lacked on keeping up with my reading a book each month even though I have still managed to read one book but that was only because it was a quick read book which I spotted by my favourite author in Tesco otherwise I wouldn't have read one book this month.

I did mention in my January post that I was going to use this time to try and finish two books I already had started reading and out of the two I picked up 50 Shades of Grey and anyone who has read the book knows that its quite big and I am a very slow reader so hopefully I can get this one done in March so that I can start on some of my other books!

A Very Distant Shore by Jenny Colgan

I love reading any book by Jenny Colgan and I have so many on my book shelf that I have't even read yet and when I saw this one in Tesco for £1 under the quick reads section I had to get it. It wasn't until I got home that I noticed the little boats on the front were very similar to another one of Jenny's new books The Summer Seaside Kitchen which turns out is set in the same place and is a small spin off book.

I haven't read her new book yet or even brought it because I still have so many others to read but after reading the first few chapters of this book it has made me want to go and pick it up and it be my next book.

The book its self is 34 chapters and only 160 pages long which is great for a quick read and somebody who is a slow reader like myself. It did feel really weird reading like two pages and the chapter being over but the story its self was so good and I loved every moment of it.

The only issue is I have fallen in love with the two main characters and I am not 100% sure how much they are included in the main book. I know that Lorna will be because she is the main characters best friend but as for Saif I have no clue but that won't stop me reading.

So here we are going in to March already and time to start another new book or maybe finish 50 Shades who knows maybe I'll do both!

No comments:

Post a Comment