Monday 26 September 2016

Disneyland Paris 17th September 16: Trip Report

Wow what a trip we had, it was definitely knackering and long but it was totally worth it and the fact I enjoyed it that much I have booked up for the next trip.


We set off around 9:30 pm on Friday 16th September from Bristol and the coach leaving from Bristol was pretty rammed probably 80% full I would say and apparently it was fully booked with more people joining us at Swindon.

So the aim was to get to Dover for 3 am to get the Ferry across to France at 4:10 am and I have to say everything ran to time and we even got a half hour break when they swapped over the drivers. We got of the Ferry at 7 am French time and arrived in the parks at 11:30 am as we had to have a break. By this time I had been awake over 24 hours as I struggled to sleep on the coach but I am glad the kids managed to sleep as I think they wouldn't have enjoyed it otherwise.

By the time we had parked up, gone through security checks and been to the ladies it was now midday and we were ready to start our adventure ... in the rain. I am convinced I jinxed it because I said I wouldn't mind doing Disney in the rain and it did rain but luckily not the whole trip. With it being a Saturday I knew it was going to be busy as weekends are always busier what ever the season but I didn't let this ruin our day I just knew we wouldn't be able to do as much as if we were there on a week day.

First of all we went and visited the Disney Park because if you have never been to Disney before then this is a must do first for any new comer. We stopped at the Fantasia gardens for a few photos before moving on towards the fountains to take a look at the newly gardened area and get some more photos.

 

After having a slight issue with one of our tickets we were finally in to the park and taking the most beautiful walk down Main Street USA and up to Sleeping Beauty's Castle. Now even though I'm not a massive Sleeping Beauty fan I do appreciate how beautiful the castle is in all her glory especially after her recent re paint.

 
 

I can't believe that Punzie was out but it was a shame she was only doing promotional work for the 25th Anniversary next year and I spotted her on the hill by the castle so decided to go and say hello and I am so glad I did as she was amazing and so beautiful. I wish I filmed our conversation because until I go again that's probably the closest I'll get to her but until next time punzie!


We then took a wonder around Adventureland and stumbled across my two favourite people Chip and Dale and I sure do love them I think they are my best character meet and greet experiences so far and I was so pleased to meet them again. When I walked up to the cast member to ask him to take some photos for me he said to them that Ariel has come to visit which made me laugh because of my red hair.


I went straight in for a hug with them both and told them that I was so happy to see them and that I has to come back to see them. They then started to sniff me to see if they could remember me before both of them asked me to marry them haha which was the best thing ever although there was a few huffs after they finally were both happy for me to marry them both ... Sorry Joel!

 
 

I love a good selfie and it made me laugh that I got one with the boys and handed my camera back to the CM to take some photos of my sister, niece and nephew that he took a selfie of himself cause I left the camera that way made my day!

 
 

Next stop lunch time and for the first time ever I ate in Restaurant Hakuna Matata after loads of recommendations from my Disney friends and I am so glad that I did because those Hakuna fries were to die for. We decided to make it cheaper that we would eat here and it cost me 15 euros for a drink, main, side and a dessert I opted for the lamb kebab and it was yummy!


After lunch we decided to hit some rides in the Disney Park and we only managed to go on Pirates of the Caribbean, Casey Jr. Story Book train and the Story Book boat ride which was next to it. We did try Buzz's Lazer blast but as it was so busy we would have missed the parade which is a shame really.

Now they didn't believe me when I said that people will que for these things for ages up to an hour before and when we got there 15 minuets before it began there wasn't really anywhere great to stand but luckily we managed to find some railings the kids could stand on to see a bit better and they enjoyed it either way.

 

With time now pressing on we headed back up Main Street to grab some tea before heading to the other park. It was a shame that they didn't get to see much of the other park as by the time we got in there it was nearly 8pm and we wanted to get on Ratatouille which is one of the best rides there and they loved it!!!!!! and it was so much fun to ride it with them.

 
 

Time for Disney Dreams! The best bit of the whole day is watching this show when the park closes and every time it gets me real good even re-watching the videos I start to tear up its just so magical. We were lucky to get an amazing spot as a french family let us in a little gap.


And now it was time to leave the most magical place in the world. We all got back to the coach at 23:00pm and we ended up leaving around midnight as someone got lost which was fine as we had a lot of time to kill even with a stop in the middle we were at the ferry port by 3:30am and our sailing wasnt until 6:10am but we did have to go through security before hand.

We ended up getting back around 11:30am on Sunday and I worked out I had 5 hours sleep from waking up at 6:30am Friday morning and going to bed at 23:00pm on the Sunday but it was totally worth I'm just glad I took a pillow and blanket in the end. I can't wait for the next one roll on February!

No comments:

Post a Comment