Thursday 8 September 2016

Planning Rome - March 2017

With Disneyland Paris booked already for next year and with that not being until September me and my partner Joel have decided we would like to book a short city break away together and after looking at some deals we finally decided we would like to go to Rome.

(Image Credit: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/italy/rome)

We haven't actually booked the holiday yet but we are currently looking in to the best deals and trying to plan where we would like to stay and what we would like to do. Usually I go over the top and plan to much but this time I am going to take the more laid back approach and just go with the flow. 

Obviously I will make a note of places we want to go and things we would like to see while we are there but I'm not going to go crazy and plan our days like I did with Berlin which reminds me I haven't even done any blog posts about that trip.

Hotels:
So we have narrowed the hotel choices down to two different ones and the main reason we have picked these are due to they're location as they are within walking distance of the Roma Termini Railway Station which means it makes it a lot easier for us to get from the Airport to the Hotel and then back again.

Things to Do/See:
  • Hop On Hop Off Bus - So after speaking to a few people they recommended getting the Hop On and Hop Off bus during our stay because it goes all over Italy to the main sites and attractions which can be easier than using the underground system.
  • Make a Wish in the Trevi Fountain
  • Visit the Colosseum in the daytime
  • Visit the Colosseum during the evening
  • Vatican Museum/City
  • Pizza Navona
  • Sisten Chapel
  • Castle Sant Angelo
  • Walk along the river
  • Visit the Disney Store - Where ever there is a Disney Store I have to just pop in and have a quick look around. I've had a look at some of the photos and it looks beautiful along with the special Rome goodies they sell.
  • Eat proper Italian Pizza and Pasta - I think this is what we will eat most of the time we are here but what will make it even better is that it will be authentic Italian Pizza and Pasta yum yum.
  • Eat proper Gelato Ice Cream - There are so many places in the UK supposedly selling propert Gelato and according to my boyfriend it isn't so I am looking forward to actually trying the real stuff! 

Travel: 
We are travelling from Bristol to Fiumicino Airport in Rome our flight is due to arrive at 16:50pm as flights from Bristol are very limited and as we could we would rather travel from Bristol than travel anywhere else. Once we arrive luckily there is a train station at the Airport that runs a direct train to the train station and only takes 32 minuets which is really handy because as mentioned above the hotels are within walking distance. 

This also makes it easier for us getting back to the airport the only thing is our flight isn't until the late afternoon so once we have checked out of the Hotel around 11am we will have to occupy our selves for a few hours before making our way to the airport but I'm sure we will find something.

(Image Credit: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/italy/rome)

The one thing I always get nervous about when I go abroad is going somewhere where I don't speak the language although I have heard that the Italians do speak English which is good but I will have to make sure that I learn some general phrases before I go in case. 

Have you been to Rome? What would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment