Tuesday 10 January 2017

Top Movies of 2016

I love looking back at the last 12 months deciding out of the many movies that were released in 2016 which of them will make my Top 10 for the year. Its hard because often I will write my list and then remember a movie that I had totally forgotten about whoops!


So here we go in no particular order my top 10 movies for 2016;

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
When I found out that JK was going to be doing another movie and she decided to base it off one of the school text books I was over the moon and so began the countdown to the release of the film. 

I instantly feel in love with this movie it was like being back in the magical world again but this time surrounded by new faces and places it was amazing. I am obsessed with the movie and cannot wait for it to come out on DVD. Plus Eddie was the perfect choice to play Newt.

Me Before You
I have never read the book before watching this and all I had heard was great things about the book so it is currently on my bookshelf waiting to be read but the film is incredible the one screen chemistry is just perfection. Yes at the same time its such a sad movie but it was very well done.

Zootopia
Although its name was changed for the UK release it will always be Zootopia to me. Disney have done it again with this movie that is doe sure full of meaning and moral stories about being able to do anything you want even if you are a bunny ;) I just love the characters, settings and the hidden Easter eggs in this animation.

Moana
I can honestly say its been an amazing year for Disney with both they're animation and live actions movies and the latest Princess instalment didn't disappoint. Just the whole movie had that feel good feeling with a cracking soundtrack that has been on repeat ever since!

Finding Dory
The long awaited Finding Nemo spin off did not disappoint! Who doesn't love Dory, Nemo and Marlin? And after 13 long years we finally had what everyone was waiting for and it was perfect and had such a great range of new characters! I love Gerald haha!

In my opinion I think it was actually better than Finding Nemo!!!

Captain America:Civil War
I LOVE Captain America he is one of my favourite superheros from the Marvel series and I have loved pretty much every Marvel movie but this one just tops it for me and is my favourite. What I love about they're movies are they aren't over the top serious and have so much comedy in them as well. Especially the scene at the airport where they are fighting Spiderman and Ant man just crack me up. 

Divergent Series: Allegiant
Best one out of the series so far in my opinion and just a great collection of movies that I could re watch over and over again and never get bored. I love how the dynamics change in this movie and how the story takes a different turn unlike the other movies. I cannot wait for part one of the final movie to come out although I'm not 100% sure if its this year or next?

I just love Tris and Four together!!!

Secret Lift of Pets
I have been waiting for this movie since I saw the original trailer way back in 2015 and have always wondered why it had taken them so long to show it in the cinemas but once it was released I was very excited to go and see it. Who doesn't love a movie about pets? And what they get up to when they're parents aren't home! I wonder if they will do a second one!

The BFG
This is just such a good feel film for any age and there is just something about watching this movie that makes me feel really happy and cheery. I loved reading Roald Dahl books as a Kid so when I found out they were releasing this as a live action movie I was over the moon. I loved how the BFG actually looked like the actor Mark Rylance he just looked so good.

The Conjuring 2
I absolutely love The Conjuring and I love a good horror movie as well so when I found out they were doing a Conjuring 2 with the same cast playing Ed and Lorraine Warren I couldn't wait and to then find out it was based on one of my favourite stories "The Enfield Haunting" and was going to be filmed in the UK it made it even better! Another movie where I actually think it was better than the first one and made me jump so many times in the cinema.

There are still so many movies that I loved in 2016 and that didn't make it in to my Top 10 list but this year these are some of my favourites, What movies have you seen this year that you really enjoyed?

No comments:

Post a Comment