Monday 30 January 2017

January: Books I've Read

So as I mentioned in my new years resolution post which you can read here. I said that I would try and read at least one book a month due to owning so many that I haven't got around to reading yet!


This month I actually managed to read books 3 altogether which I am really pleased about. Here are the books I managed to read this month/Finish off;

Christmas At Rosie Hopkins Sweet Shop by Jenny Colgan:
I have been a massive lover of Jenny Colgan's book ever since I was introduced to her and read "The Cupcake Cafe" followed by "Christmas At The Cupcake Cafe" in which I then went on to look at what other books she had written and purchased "Welcome to Rosie Hopkins Sweet Shop" and this book is the follow on story set not long after the first book during Christmas time.

What I love about Jenny's books is when reading them you really feel like you can relate to the characters and that you know them on this different level. As I am a slow reader it did take me the whole month to read it.

I do have the next book in this series ready to read but I think because once again its another Christmas themed book I shall save it for December hehe.

The Disney Book:
I have actually had this book since April 2016 when it was first released and over a few months I managed to get through half of the book before I stopped reading it altogether so I decided that I would finally finish it off as I can't stand having half finished books.
Although a lot of the stuff in the book I already knew there were a few things that I didn't and learnt about which was great. This book included a copy of an original cell from the movie Brave and I am so happy with the cell I got as each book has a different one.

The Case of Beasts: Explore The Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them:
Ever since the movie has came out I have been obsessed with this everything relating to the film its like Harry Potter all over again.
This again was another book that I was given just before Christmas as a present and started reading. I really enjoyed reading this book as it went in to a lot of detail about how bits were filmed, cast costumes, creature design and how the cast felt about each others characters.
The book even included lots of different pouches that included maps, wanted posters, game cards and other bits from the film which were really cool. I am actually hoping to get the wanted posters framed to go in the living room.

So here we are going in to February and I have so many books to choose from right now and 2 that need to be finished! So I am thinking I might use this month to finish these off before starting something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment