Wednesday 27 April 2016

Disney On Ice: Silver Anniversary

I cannot believe how quick Disney on Ice has come around, I can remember booking this only a few days after I went to see Disney on Ice in Birmingham for the Enchanted Adventures performance which was amazing!

I did take a fair bit of video but for some reason they won't upload which is a little bit annoying :(


So this time the show was to celebrate its Silver Anniversary and included the Lion King and Peter Pan along with Frozen and Little Mermaid from the previous show. Overall I wasn't as impressed as I was the last time I went.

Last time they did two short stories and one long story which is what they did this time but it felt more rushed and not as good. 

The started the show with "Its a small world" which I love to hate, the section of the show was amazing and well thought out and very pretty.


After this we were greeted by the gang Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and this time Daisy joined us on stage before we set off in to the Lion King part of the show. In my eyes this was very short and rushed there wasn't much else going on on the stage apart from the few main characters it lacked imagination compared to the stories we had seen last time.


Now when they announced that Peter Pan was going to be part of this show I was over the moon and this section of the show was incredible they even included Nana which made me so happy and the flying to Neverland scene was amazing.

After the short interval we were take to see Ariel under the sea which we had already seen but they had changed it which was great so the costumes and scenery they used was different but once again this was shorter and very rushed it didn't really seem to flow.

Me and Samiee were dreading this bit of the show as we cannot stand Frozen at the moment with it being overrated but we still watched only to see that this had also been cut short and was missing all the additional on stage presences that was there the last time especially during "Summer time" sang by Olaf which was on of my favourite bits.


Overall the show was amazing as it is Disney but it felt more rushed than the last show and that they had cut lots of bits out from Frozen and Little Mermaid and the Lion King section could have done with being longer. 


And just to finish off I went to the most amazing place called "My Cookie Dough" and they sell different flavoured Cookie Doughs with different sauces, spreads and come with ice cream or cream. The cookie dough is so warm and gooey its amazing, I had triple chocolate brownie <3 and I want to go back for more!!!


It was such an amazing day and cannot wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment