Friday 29 April 2016

Waffles you say?

Anyone who knows me knows that I am an absolute foodie and I live for food!

Most of all I am a sucker for dessert and most recently last year I stumbled across a lovely little place in Bristol down Gloucester Road called "The Parlour" and it is a family run business which has been in its family since 1974 and I have to say they service some of the most amazing ice creams and waffles I have ever had! 

Since stumbling across this place last year I have been back 2 more times with friends and my partner as I can't seem to stay away! What I love about this place is the big open windows making it very light accompanied by the very neutral colours. 

I love the decor of the whole place with the mish mash of old wooden tables/chairs along with the booth seating as well. Its very calm and inviting and its great that its such a family friendly place.


On my first visit here which was back last year not very long after it had opened I got the most amazing Rocky Horror Waffles and I am a lover of Waffles and these were the best I have ever had. In the past I have been to a few other places that sell Waffles and sorry to say you know those really tacky places and nothing compares to the ice cream and waffles I have had here!


They put so much time and consideration in to making the presentation look great, I was so impressed and the rocky road ice cream it came served with was amazing! My partner had an Ice Cream sundae from the menu and he is quite funny about it being proper gelato ice cream and this didn't disappoint. 


On my second visit at the start of this month I went here with my two best friends Samiee and Emma and as it was late the owner of the shop said we could try as many of the ice creams as we wanted after having a friendly conversation on they're Facebook page the night before. 

They have such a massive variety of flavours which can change when ever you go there and we sampled Apple Pie, Salted Caramel, PB & J, Liquorice Fudge and Turkish Delight. After trying all these flavours I decided to create my sundae and went for the bubblegum/PB&J ice cream with haribo rhubarb and custard chews with blue sherbet dust! 

AMAZING <3

Now if you think this is a weird concoction Samiee had Nutella waffles with Bubblegum ice cream and bubblegum sauce haha! Looked amazing though!


Naughty naughty I know going twice in one month but as I was down this way I had to just pop in for some waffles and this time I got these ones called Treat Yo Self which is salted caramel ice cream with brownies along with an extra scoop of chocolate orange ice cream as I couldn't say NO!


If your're ever in Bristol then I really recommend this place its such a great atmosphere, the staff are really friendly and its family friend. Every time I have visited they have never disappointed and they serve the best flavoured and imaginative ice cream imaginable.

You can see them here on;
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dessertparlourbristol/
Website: http://icecreamparlourcafe.co.uk/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment