Monday 9 November 2015

The Sims Tag:

I am a massive fan of the Sims franchise and have followed it ever since the sims came out back in February 2000 and when I received the base game for Christmas its mad to this i was only 8 then and have played ever since.

(I own none of the below images)

How long have you been playing the sims for?
As mentioned above I've been playing the original Sims game since it was first released over 15 years ago. I was 8 how scary as I'm now 23.


Who/What got you in to playing The Sims?
I wouldn't really say anyone got me in to playing The Sims it was more the original advert that got me interested. I have always been more in to simulation games rather than role play or shooter games so when I saw the trailer for this it was a must have.

I always used to be in to those games called Petz or Babiez, I brought all of the Petz ones only the Dogz versions as I am more of a dog lover than cat lover.


Here is the original Sims trailer if you haven't seen it: Trailer

What do you love most about the game?
What I love most about The Sims is how far it has come over the past 15 years especially after the Sims 3 had come out I couldn't see the game getting any better other than Graphics wise.

I have watched the game evolve from 2000 to 2015 and I couldn't be more happier with the changes that have been made. For me overall I love making the families and planning how my sims story will pan out. I am not that in to house design I just take the ones that are there or download them.

Which out of the 4 is your favourite?
It has to be The Sims 3, although I really love the Sims 2. I love the Sims 3 due to the open worlds and no load screens which I think was a brilliant feature in the game along with the variety of expansion packs released.

The game play/design mood was easy and simple to use and looked good. The variety and the size of the new worlds were amazing plus the two Katy Perry add ons were a big hit with me being a Katy Perry fan!!!


What is your favourite expansion pack?
Going back to the start The Sims Makin Magic, this will always be my favourite expansion pack even if it is 12 years old.

What drew me to this one when i was younger was the magic aspect of the game being able to make potions and cast spells going down the hole in the ground to Magic Town and taking a ride on the spooky roller coaster the clown one was always my favourite.

The music was incredible as well which I always found with The Sim expansions especially in Vacation which was another one of my favourites!!!


What is your lease favourite expansion pack?
I don't even need to think about this one for even a second, it has to be "Into The Future" when I originally saw all the live previews I thought it looked amazing and when I started to play I was enjoying it until I managed to get to the future and then I got BORED!


What do you hate about The Sims?
There isn't much that I really hate about the game only one thing that is annoying is how with the Sims 4 they took so many steps back with introducing the loading screens and it not being an open world and removing toddlers which still haven't be reintroduced.

In the Sims 3 the maps also used to feel a lot bigger with more space to build and move families in but in the Sims 4 it seems a lot small and the load times are annoying. I also miss some of the community lots like the restaurant, book store, Cinema and School.


I also really hate how the franchise are really just trying to make as much money as they can with introducing these new Game Packs which don't get me wrong I really love the outdoor retreat one but the Stuff Packs are £8 for barely any content now which is a rip off  I would rather see more expansion packs.

Where as when the Sims 2 brought out stuff packs they were amazing and worth the money, filled with content and loads of additional clothes, items and hair styles.

Which of the games do you own?
I own a majority of the sims games, I own the following:

Sims: Base game, Hot Date, Vacation, Unleashed, Makin Magic

Sims 2: Base game, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Freetime, Apartment Life, Holiday Stuff, Family Fun Stuff, Celebration Stuff and Teen Style Stuff.

Sims 3: Base game, World Adventure, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future, High End Loft Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff and Katy Perry's Sweet Treats.

Sims 4: (so far) Base game, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat and Cool Kitchen Stuff (yes I know I caved!!! I only wanted the hair and ice cream machine)

What feature would you like to see added?
I would love to see toddlers and the open world brought back in to the game, also Pets and weather should be part of the base game in all honesty as we know that they will release expansion packs soon of these.

How Often do you play the Sims?
When I was younger I would try and play the game every night for a few hours but since I've grown up I don't have as much time as I used to so I try and play on a Sunday which can involve at lease 5/7 hours of game play. I call it Sims Sunday hehe!
Do you play The Sims? If so whats your favourite?
Immy xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment