Monday 14 December 2015

Disneyland Paris: Food Glorious Food

I love food who doesn't love food? I am a foodie so its very important where eat well its not but it has to have something good on the menu.

As we all know Disneyland Paris isn't exactly cheap when it comes to eating but luckily most restaurants have a set menu. So here I will tell you a bit about what I ate and what I enjoyed most.

I didn't really take many photos of the food eaten.

Planet Hollywood (1st Night):

Now Planet Hollywood is one of the restaurants in Disney that doesn't have a set menu so were undecided if we were going to eat here because of the cost but before we left my dad gave us €70 to spend on a meal so we decided to choose here.


We made the mistake of deciding to eat after Disney Dreams when the park closed at 8pm so when we got there the que was out the door and down the stairs but to our surprise we were seated with in 10mins in the downstairs area ... which I didn't even know existed.

For our starter I was slightly disappointed even though it tasted really good the lack of it for the €9 we paid was a bit annoying. We ordered the potato skins which in most restaurants you would be given 4 but here we only got 2 and they were quite small.


We both had the same main which was the BBQ burger which I really enjoyed was cooked to perfection and came with a good amount of chips costing €16.90 each. Then for dessert we decided to share the Toblerone cheesecake which was nice but I wouldn't have it again as there wasn't much flavor and this cost us €8.


All together our meal cost about €60 once drinks were added, I do love the atmosphere in here and the service has always been good. This is my 2nd visit.

Steak House (2nd Night)


It took us ages to decided where we wanted to eat on our 2nd night we were stuck between Steak House, Rain forest Cafe and King Ludwig's but after looking at some menus and reviews we ended up in the Steak House.

We ordered from they're Jazz set menu which is either a starter and main or a main and dessert for €29.99.

For starter we both went for the Prawn Cocktail which was lovely then for my main I had the Angus Beef Shank which was incredible some of the best beef I have ever tasted and cooked to perfection.

My partner had the roast chicken which we also said was cooked to perfection and tasted amazing.

I would seriously recommend going here, the price has put me off to start with but that was before I saw the set menu.

Cafe Mickey:

Now this is my 2nd visit to Cafe Mickey and this has to be one of my favorite restaurants to eat in, the food is ok but its mostly for the character interaction than for the meal.

We did the 3 course meal for €45.99 as I wanted to spend as much time in the restaurant as I could so I could meet as many characters and with it being the Christmas season it was a lot busier than when I went last year in February.

For my starter I had the Fantasia mushrooms as I love them, this was actually better than when I had them last  year they were a lot bigger and came with bread and tomatoes.

Now for my main I was being a bit adventurous and went for the sea food pasta and I really wish I had just gone with the Pizza as my partners was amazing.

The fish in the pasta was lovely but the overall taste was horrible and the pasta wasn't very nice it only tasted better when I mixed it with some Mayo haha.

Dessert was my favorite the Mickey Mouse Cupcake <3


Everything about this cupcake was just amazing, it was all edible which surprised me it did take me a little while before I decided to eat the case as it felt like wax so wasn't convinced. It was a mixture of white chocolate and blueberries with apricot sauce on the plate and a vanilla drizzle to put on the cupcake.

I would probably say this visit I met less people due to the time of year we went but I still had the best time especially as Pinocchio made an appearance during dessert.


I was such a big kid screaming his name out loud and making everyone turn around, I then proceeded on to saying to my partner I wasn't eating my dessert until he had come to our table in which I think the coordinator heard and sent him around to our tables first!



I also met Minnie, Goofy, Tiger and Pluto. Mickey was out and about but he was down the other end when we left singing happy birthday to 3 different people.



(I look awful in this photo due to the angle!)





I hear Inventions is great! I think I will be trying here next time!

Earl of Sandwich:

First time ever eating in here as last time I didn't really eat lunch but with being here with my partner this time he wanted lunch so this is where he choose.

The service in here is brilliant so simple, pick a number get given a buzzer and then you go pay and wait for your buzzer to go off to collect your food. I went for a Philly Cheese Steak which was incredible the meat was cooked just right and partner had the number 8.


Stalls in the Village:

I love the Disney Village but even more so at Christmas Time as the atmosphere is just great all the decorations, the stalls, the smells from the stalls and everyone is in just a good mood.

We did buy somethings from a few off the stalls for lunch on one of the days I had a Nutella Crepe and my partner had a Nutella Waffle and these were the best we had ever tasted and could have gone back for 2nds but at €5 each we thought we best not ha!




We also got some lovely french Macaroons which were to die for and another one of my loves in life. The flavours were incredible especially the one called Frozen Vanilla.


Slowly making my way through my list of planned posts, hope you all have a lovely week!
Immy xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment