Friday 19 February 2016

My Top Five: Studio Ghibli Movies

So this weeks Top Five is all about Studio Ghibli have you heard of it? Well I hadn't until about 2013 when a friend of mine invited me over to watch some films and before heading over he asked me to pick up a movie called "Spirited Away" which I had never ever heard of! Now after watching this film which I LOVED he recommend some others and by the end of it I was HOOKED and I now own the whole collection on DVD.

I haven't really mentioned my love for Ghibli on here very much and I am not sure why because its my 2nd love after Disney so this why I chose this as my next post!


1. Spirited Away
Spirited Away has to be top on my list as mentioned above this was one of the first movies I watched from the Ghibli creators and the movie which got me hooked.

This film is full of so many amazing characters!

2. Howl's Moving Castle
Even though Spirited Away is above this one on my list this will always be my favorite out of the collection. Who doesn't just fall in love with Howl the moment you meet him? and Yes i am fully aware he is just an animated character ;)
(He's so BEAUTIFUL)
There is nothing I dislike about this movie everything is so bright and colorful and full of magic. It has the most amazing soundtrack as well which brings the movie alive.

3. From Up On Poppy Hill
This has to be one of the cutest films I've seen its just such a happy movie and you cannot help but smile all the way through along with the songs and soundtracks once again. Its a story about a school club house being saved from being demolished for the Japanese Olympics and the blossoming relationship of  Umi and Shun which is just so cute!

4. Kiki's Delivery Service
I haven't watched this is forever but its still one of the 1st few movies I watched by Ghibli and another movie that got me hooked. Its a cute fantasy story about a young witch called Kiki who leaves home to become independent and uses her flying skills to earn a living. Her companion Jiji is just the cutest!

5. My Neighbor Totoro
OK so whoever says they don't love Totoro is mad, who doesn't love a giant big cuddly ball of fluff along with a Cat Bus yes a bus that is a CAT! This movie is just filled with all types of cuteness and the sweetest story even though slightly sad at times.

What I love most about all of these movies are the stories they tell and the way they are animated along with the music it just sets the scene and each one of the movies not just the 5 mentioned above always have the most interesting magical stories which come alive when you watch them.

Whats your favorite?

Next Up: Favorite Places to Dine Out

No comments:

Post a Comment