Thursday 4 February 2016

Time To Get Things In Motion

I’ve always been a massive animal lover and a job career I’ve always wanted to pursue but the pay cut has always ended up putting me off but it’s gotten to the point now where I must do something about it. I am one of these people who get stuck in their ways and are just happy to float on by in the same job until circumstances change that forces you to do something else.

After a long talk with my boyfriend end of last year I decided that I am going to pursue my dream and apply to be an RSPCA Trainee Inspector this will involve training away from home for up to a year somewhere in the UK which is something we have agreed on and will be for the best to benefit me on my new path. As you are paid during the training it means that I am still able to afford to pay for the bills at home whilst I am away.

I’m not saying I will apply for this job role and be accepted but it is worth a try and at least then I can say I did it and I tried and that I haven’t just given up on my dreams.

The application process isn’t easy you have to apply for the job role once they’re recruiting and hope to be invited to an interview. After the interview you will have to complete a medical examination and fitness test in which you have to swim 50 meters in 2.5 minutes fully clothed after this if you pass you will be considered for the role.

As they’re not recruiting at the moment I plan on using my time to work on my swimming (yes I can swim) and to make sure I can swim the 50 meters in the recommended time but also to work on my overall fitness before applying. I do have experience in the Animal sector but I am also applying to become a dog walker for the RSPCA in the meantime to get my experience up.

So wish me luck! And I'll keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment