Thursday 23 June 2016

Review: June YumeTwins Grand Opening Kawaii Box

So in a previous post that you can read here you may recall me saying that I might do my first ever unboxing video for this new subscription box? Well in the end I decided I wouldn't bother and that I would do my normal written review as I get very shy.


So the original plan was that this box was going to be a July release with a pre order period up until the 31st May with a special 40% off your first box but unexpected to them the box sold out before the end of May. So they decided that the grand opening box would move to June and they have extended the offer to cover the July box.

The box is $23.99 + $6.99 shipping a month making this $29.99 which is about £21 a month which I don't think is too bad considering this will contain 8/10 only licensed items a month ranging from plushes, key rings, figures and stationary. You will see items from Hello Kitty (yes please), Ban Dai, Amuse, Sailor Moon and many more! If you take a look at they're website your be able to see all the items that might make an appearence in the box and its looking like there is some great stuff on offer! Yume Twins:  http://yumetwins.com/

So as the box is created by the lovely Tokyo Treat team this also includes the over cute and well designed booklet that you see in the snack subscription box which makes me really happy as the booklets are one of the best bits included within the boxes.

As for the box its self, its purple for a start which is a massive win for me and is so Kawaii with all the cute little designs and pictures on the front. The box is very well packed and a lot of thought and effort has gone in to the presentation. I was surprised at how small the box was I was expecting something around the same size as the snack subscription considering with this one we have to pay postage.



The Box took 16 days to come which is what I expected with the snack subscription taking an average of 20/23 days to come. I said to myself I wouldn't look at what was included from other subscribers but I did whoops! For the next box I think I am going to avoid looking so that I can have more of a surprise.



Items Received:
Sanrio Gudetama Coin Purse
 
OK so I was totally unaware that Gudetama was made by Sanrio who make the famous Hello Kitty products so when I saw this name on the back I was surprised. I have to say I wasn't to sure when I first saw this little guy but after receiving this kawaii coin purse I fell in love!

C'est Bon Star Ring
 
This a simple cute plastic ring that comes with a small packet of candy. These are extremly popular in Japan at the moment and are a blind box so you don't know which one you get until you open it. Shame my fingers are too big for me to actually wear this so I shall give this to my niece. 

Camio: Mini Panda Memo
 
I LOVE Pandas and cute stationary so this was a win win for me!

Camio: Jacquard Mini Towel Ribbon
This is just simple cute wash cloth, the Japanese tend to put them in they're bag to dry they're hands when they're out but I think I may take mine to the gym to use. This is a super cute design and the bow reminds me of Sailor Moon!

Anywhere Gudetama Mascot
 
Another Gudetama product this time a key chain blind box. This is really cute and I have actually put this on my purse. I was hoping I would get the strawberry!

Re-Ment: Funassyi Diorama Stickers
 
To me this was a pointless item because I have no need for it but I'm sure my Nephew and Niece will like this!

Sailor Moon Plushie
So I got Sailor Uranus and I have no idea at the moment who she is as I am very new to the show so I haven't met any of these guys yet. The plush is high quality and super cute. 

Prism Paradise Heart Case
 
 
Another item where I am not sure who these people are but the item is really cute and I am happy with the design I was given in my box as I love purple. This is a little compact mirror with some flavoured candy which taste amazing and didn't last very long.

Verdict:
So with this being my actual first ever Kawaii subscription box I wasn't really sure what to expect. The box its self is defiantly one of my favourites I've seen around as I love the cute little designs and that they have kept the same designer also makes its great as I love his work!

The box included a wide variety of kawaii gifts that everyone will enjoy but I will be honest at the moment there is nothing in this months box that has made me go WOW I really want another one? I guess I had high expectations because of how good the Snack box is.

But then again not every box is going to be everyone's cup of tea. I have purchased the July box because of the boxes changing and I did fancy getting another one. I would like to keep both subscriptions going but with the cost of them both being about £45 it is a lot of money for me to keep these both up so I am hoping that maybe they will do some sort of offer for people who have both boxes maybe if it was £35 a month that is something I could deal with. At this moment if I had to choose one to keep it would be the snack box because its a variety of edible snacks that I wouldn't try myself where as this box can have some pointless bits in if your not really in to those things.

I think for now I may do one box one month and one box another month. So I have the July Yume Twins box and then I'll get the August Tokyo Treat box and so on taking it in turns each month depending really on how I feel about the July box.

Thanks for reading. I purchased with my own money and I was NOT paid to review this by Tokyo Treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment