Wednesday 25 May 2016

What I'm Currently Watching

I haven't done one of these posts in a while but I thought with so many good TV shows on at the moment or just finishing it would be the perfect time :D so far this year there has been so many incredible shows like Marcella and Night Manager that had me gripped from the word go!!


Currently Watching:
Peaky Blinders
So season 3 of Peaky Blinders is currently on the TV but I am actually just starting Season 2 which I am binging of Netflix. My family watched this when it was actually on BBC 2 the first time around but for some reason its taken me till now to get around to watching it.

I absolutely love the cast in this show especially Cillian Murphy there is just something so likeable him even though he is the fierce boss of a gang set back in Birmingham in 1919. I am looking forward to seeing more of Annabelle Wallis who plays his love interest in the first season and also Tom Hardy's character ;)

Awkward
Can I just sit here and cry a moment? You ask why well this show is now officially over with the last episode airing in the states on the 24th May. I had been meaning to watch this show ever since Amazon Instant added the first season to Prime and slowly over the years they added more and more before I finally decided to get watching.

What's a shame is that I binge watched 5 and half seasons in 2 weeks and now its officially over although I do really hope they may consider a season 6! I have never screamed at a TV show so much in my life!!!!!! But I love it and need more! Will Matty and Jenna get back together? I hope so!!!!

Game of Thrones
Don't worry I won't spoil anything for you as I am so not like that but Game of Thrones came back at the end of April with the ultimate question on everybody's lips "IS JON SNOW DEAD" and your have to watch to find out!!

So far we are 6 episodes in and its incredible as always never fails to disappoint there is some amazing story lines going on at the moment and one that makes me real sad! "Hold the door" :'(

Sailor Moon
So I have literally only just started this because so many people have been recommending it to me so I have finally decided to give it ago starting with the 90's series and then I'll move on to the new stuff after.

Orphan Black
I love love love this show! Tatiana Maslany is one of the most talented actresses of all time in my eyes playing all these clones it must be so weird when filming the different parts but the episodes are always so well put together. I am so glad that Netflix have the rights to share new episodes weekly here in the UK otherwise its really hard to watch.

I am loving this season at the moment especially getting to see Alison and Donnie some more they're definitely my favourites. Can't believe there is only two more episodes of the season left!

Jane the Virgin
Another show that I have been meaning to watch for ages but missed it being aired in the UK on E4 originally but luckily Netflix uploaded the first season and I had spotted season two had just started to air in the UK so was quick to record this and binge watch.

I do have to admit that when I started watching this I wasn't 100% sure If I was really going to enjoy it but as the season went on I fell more in love with the story and characters. Petra has really pissed me off with taking Rafael's sperm to have his baby but actually I think pregnancy suites her and has made her become really nice.

I really wanted Jane and Rafale to sort things out but I'm not sure now we will have to see! Season 2 has finished in the states but were only half way through in the UK.

Fear The Walking Dead
OK so I am going to just be completely honest here I loved season 1 and was so excited when they announced season 2 and it started off where it left off and I thought OK this is just a little slow like the first season was but were now at the mid season finale and its STILLLLL BORING! You can defiently see by looking at the viewer ratings that I wasn't the only as slowly through the episodes it has dropped.

Me being me if I have started a show and have watched more than 2 episodes then I will continue to the end. So lets hope after the break it comes back better.

Excited For:

Wayward Pines
As soon as season 1 finished I had been waiting for the announcement of season 2 which I appeared to miss and the next I heard of it was when my partner told me it was back on TV tonight!!!! So now I am massively excited although I cannot even remember where we left it I best go do some goggling!

The Three Musketeers
Yay my boys are back this weekend although once again another show I didn't even realise got renewed but hay ho here we are with a new season and new stories to be told. I'm not 100% sure what is up with BBC but they always seem to change the day its aired every season and the time. But apparently this is to the be the final season NOOOOO!!!!

Orange is the New Black
Same place, same day, same time be there for be square ;) This is just clock work now and cannot wait for season 4 to begin! I think I'll do the same as last time and not binge watch this as it makes it last longer.

Just Finished Watching:

Marcella and Night Manager
OK so I have clubbed these two together even through one is ITV and one is BBC its just because we're nearly half way through the year and so far these two shows are my favourite by far they're just both incredible but it different ways! These two will definitely be battling it out for awards next year and me as a voter I have no clue who I would choose.

I don't really want to spoil anything but if you love drama and I mean gripping drama then these shows are for you. I was constantly screaming at the TV and on the edge of my seat whilst watching them I swear I was panicking for them! They're both police/detective related and are incredible each in they're own way.

I think the cast for The Night Manger is my favourite with the likes of Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie, Olivia Colman and Elizabeth Debicki.

2 Broke Girls
Renewed for a 6th season? Yes please! I love this show and I actually love it more than New Girl I have to say when choosing what I watch first 2 broke Girls always will win! Once again in this season you see the girls up to they're usual tricks and the girls actually come in to some money this season and have decided to open a dessert bar whether this will actually take off unlike the cupcake business who knows guess we'll have to wait till season 6 ;)

New Girl
I love this show, its great cast and funny humour never fails to make me laugh. After finding season 3 a little boring I was glad to see things had changed in season 4 and season 5 which has just finished. I was slightly worried that Zooey wasn't going to be in the show for the first half but Megan Fox stepping in and actually only for a few episodes was great and I wouldn't mind seeing her back for some more. FINALLY CECE AND SCHMIDT GOT MARRIE!!! About time!!!

What TV shows are you currently watching or looking forward to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment